2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Great Truck!

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Great Truck!
By MikeCmfrt on

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Chevy truck! I grew up on a farm where a truck was a piece of equipment, not a fancy car. I don't want heated leather seats or anything else that screams luxury! I bought a regular cab work truck, installed some nice 20 inch wheels and tires, tinted the windows and then I did nothing except drive it, haul stuff, tow trailers and use it for its intended purpose. This is a truck and it does its job well. I haven't done any maintenance except change the oil and rotate the tires. The 4.8 V8 has plenty of power for normal towing and driving. It's just personal preference, but I like the look of the Chevy better than the alternatives.

Even though my truck is classified as a Work Truck, it is equipped with AM/FM/CD, air conditioning, power windows & door looks. It's as nice as I want it to be and has always been completely dependable. It's a solid truck with a long history of serving America's workforce. I'll buy another one!

Ford's regular cab has a small space for storage behind the seat. Chevy does not. I don't expect a regular cab truck to have a lot of storage room in the cab, but there is NONE in mine. I have to choose between a gym bag and a passenger.