2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: GM knows how to build a truck!

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

GM knows how to build a truck!
By Drum Dawg on

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been fantastic! I test drove many different vehicles before deciding on the Chevy. My wife and I do lots of research before even going to look at vehicles and really can't believe someone would purchase anything but a Chevy(GMC). The engine (5.3L) is really good on gas and provides loads of horsepower. The ride feels very firm and the truck's standard features are great! My buddy's Ridgeline (that he bought a week before my purchase) is a lesser truck in all areas. He regrets his purchase after riding in mine. I haven't used to roadside assistance but am happy to have it. My advice... Before buying anything else- go drive a Chevy and you will buy it. Best truck ever! This truck is perfect in all areas. Make sure you buy the 5.3 L so you can get great gas mileage and still smoke the tires. Buy the level of truck that you want. The LT1 package was good for me. Rails are a good investment.

Gas miser, yet power brute! Firm handling and smooth ride. On Star is great and I love my 20" rims. I still can't believe more people aren't fighting to buy this truck!