Chevy finally delivers
By Chevy Lover Again on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
Born into a "Bow Tie" only family and being the first to purchase a Honda due to lack of confidence in any American segment, I can now honestly say, Chevy has learned! I feel confident in the truck's performance, comfortable with better build qualities inside, and safe. 15000mi and not a problem (Honda CR-V blew up its A/C unit at 14000 and power window problems never stopped). OnStar is a great feature I feel should be on every car, not just GM (needs to be cheaper). Rear-ended by a Camry (crushed its front end, nothing to the truck) and an F-150 (crushed its front end and fender, bumper damage to my truck). Best fuel mileage for a 5.3L compared to others. Great truck!
Favorite Features
Quiet inside but beautiful exhaust note from the factory outside. Interior layout. Looks sexy but tough. Girlfriend is afraid to drive it. Good fuel economy (comparatively speaking - it is still a truck) 14/19 sticker but more like 14.5/22 actual when driven conservatively.
Suggested Improvements
Tighter turn radius. Active Fuel Management is great but could use some finer tuning. I'm in V-8 mode an aweful lot getting only 2mpgs higher than the Ford equivalent. I think it could be a little better.