A REAL review of the Chevy Silverado
By afmatt212 on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
First off i have to address some of the reviews on the silverado. I keep reading reviews that say things like " transmission sucks" and "truck wont last over 60k!!" really people!?! I am a aircraft mechanic and have a long understanding of how engines and machines run. I own a 2008 chevy 1500 Z71 and have had ZERO issues with the vehicle, and you know why? Its simple.. buy a service manual and follow the maintance schedule!!! Change fluids and insert some grease here and there and i can almost promise you will have zero maintance failures! I love how people think you can just drive a truck into the ground and it will last. Now on to the details about my chevy!
Favorite Features
HUGE cabin space.. you feel like your in the cockpit of the space shuttle. SAFETY.. SAFETY.. with the size of the pickup and amount good quality american steel wrapped around my family i feel like a tank on the highway. QUALITY AND VALUE!! the truck has 60k on it and i still have people ask me how many months have i owned it. paint, engine, interior has all passed my expectations.
Suggested Improvements
All though i give my chevy a 4.8 out of 5 stars it still has a few issues. It turns like a 18 wheeler, you have to swing real wide to get her fat ass in a parking spot. Plastic that hides the mounting brakets to the seat break off. CITY gas miliage is horrible.. but its a huge truck and it is what it is people! My biggest issue is the ride quality. I know it has the Z71 stiff suspension, but DAMN it fill shake the fillings out your teeth some times. I am going to upgrade the suspension soon because i cant take it anymore. But overall a wonderful truck.