2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best Silverado Yet.
By txreaction on 09/08/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three Silverados so far..1995, 2000, 2004SS, and my new 2008 is far superior. The options that are available are excellent. I opted for the extended cab LT2 package with the Texas Edition upgrade which includes fog lights, special 20" rims, and cargo management system. Stickered for $33,000. Out the door with gap insurance and extended warranty I paid $23,480. Thanks to employee pricing of course. If you have your doubts, just test drive one...there is a reason people refer to the Silverado as the Cadillac of trucks.

I've had them all
By Brian on 09/01/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Fords and just traded a 2004 Ram hemi for the Silverado. Very happy so far, averaging 19.1 mpg after the 1st 1K miles. Not sure what took me so long to get the Silverado. I bought the 2 wheel drive model due to all of the hiway I drive. Everyone thinks it looks like a 4 wheel drive. It came with traction control, should be fine in winter.

Love this truck but
By Matt on 08/27/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At first I was in love with the new GMC's but now I'm glad I bought the Chevy. I love the looks of mine with the factory 20's, body colored door handles, and the sunroof. Everyone tells me how awesome my truck is.

Jury Still Out
By LancTruckMan on 08/27/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My first pickup in 12 years but have been GM fan for 10 (was Ford). As with my previous Tahoe this is a well built truck. In & out looks great. Ride is somewhat more truck than my Tahoe. Engine run and road noise is great except for tire noise but that's due to the dueler tires on when purchased. Already better gas mileage according to the computer than my 03 Tahoe.

This is the truck to get
By texas truck fan on 08/11/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been on the market for a truck for about a year, and this is by far the best out there. I test drove a Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Nissan and Toyota. I went with the Chevy as it was the best by far. The Dodge and Ford looked cheap on the inside. I honestly don't see how anyone could pick the Ford over the Chevy. Great comfort.

Great truck
By johnny on 08/08/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My previous truck was a 2004 Nissan Titan SE model 2 wheel drive crew cab. I bought the Chevrolet because I wanted a four wheel drive. I was averaging about 15 mpg in the Titan. I am averaging 16.5 mpg in the Silverado. The Silverado also has a much more comfortable ride than did the Nissan. I could not be more pleased with my purchase.

Top-of-the Line
By Manitouchuck on 07/28/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drove a 93 Toyota 4x4 Ext. cab I bought new for 15 years (200k) & loved it. Was planning on a new Tundra, researched all the 1500s & Silverado is hands down the best. 5600 miles since 4/7/08, runs like a fine watch, quiet and smooth. If I take it easy 17-18 mpg in city with some freeway, 20-22 on the hwy on the DIC. You can drop 1-1.5 mpg off the DIC mileage & be close. If you get into the torque, goodbye mileage. You can be a hyper-miler if you watch the DIC, learn when to coast on your daily drives, and save your brakes & dollars. I don't have any major complaints, it is as reviewed by many here. I have Z71, wanted Z85 w/6-spd tran. but they ship mostly Z71 on lot. I'll drive it 15+ & like it!

Decent Truck, but room for improvement
By EC on 07/28/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my truck for 7 months, and I like it ok, but it's not as good as previous Silverado models. First, the fuel economy is terrible for a V6, and it's not responsive enough. Next, the truck has a tremendous amount of wind noise at 50 mph or higher. The ride is way too firm, even for a 4WD. Also, I think the truck is geared way too high. So if you buy one, then definitely get a V8. The seats in this particular model are not very comfortable either. You just about have to get the higher end model to experience the comfort & quality of these trucks. I like Chevrolet better than Ford, but they sometimes leave things off their vehicles that just don't make sense.

Remarkable power, handling, and styling.
By Wutisay1 on 07/26/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Moved up to the truck from an S-10 to tow our boat The ride is amazing, especially for a standard-size truck. Plenty of power. I am getting about 19 MPG, with mostly highway driving. That is not bad, I think, for such a capable vehicle. The fit and finish is the best I have seen on a truck.

Fun To Drive Truck
By PaulS on 07/18/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, by far much better that the 2006 2500 HD 4WD gas guzzling machine I traded in. Not sure what the active fuel management is, however after the purchase process on the long journey home over a 100 miles this baby got alittle over 18MPG compared to the 13 mpg the 2006 Chevy. This truck is much more quieter and much more fun to drive. Smooth acceleration quick to stop. This is by far the best truck Chevy has ever put out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.