Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love It!
By Fred

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Fit and finish excellent and have received many compliments in the short period I have owned it. All aspects of the vehicle top shelf and the best in any pickup I have owned. (5 so far) Gas mileage about 16.8 around town which what I was getting in my SUV. Example of great American engineering..Chevrolet

Looks, fit and finish, ride, and overall truck performance.

The auto climate controls a little dainty, could be a little more manly

Love this truck!
By GLG3

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with not only the look of this truck, but the way it performs. I've only had it a few weeks and had many compliments on it. This could be the best truck purchase I have ever made.

The back doors on the extended cabs open 180 degrees. This is very convenient for people with children. The load management system is nice also.

I'm sure there is room for improvement, but I can't think of anything right now.

Quality truck
By tammy

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Family is real happy with the new truck, looks sharp and has a nicer ride than a car. Plenty of room even for the family. I like the extended doors. Truck gets great gas mileage compared to other trucks in its class. An all around solid truck.

OnStar, XM satellite radio.

Had my last Ford
By macvette

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The last 3 trucks I have bought have been Fords. I used to drive Chevys but for some reason I bought a few Fords. The last was 07 F250 4x4 and that was the worst riding truck I have ever owned, anyway I bought the 1500 LTZ and so far I am very happy. The ride and drive are extremely good for my application. The fuel management I don't understand, sitting at a red light it runs on all cyclinders, I thought this would be a great time to save fuel. Overall I am pleased so far, but have less than 1000 miles.

Heated bucket seats, power rear sliding window

Improved fuel economy, locking tailgate

Replaced my old Chevy Pickup
By Steve

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck to replace my 15 year old Chevy Silverado half-ton pickup. Got the LT1 package with 5.3L V8. First trip had 19 mpg with combined city and highway. In just the city, it seems to only get about 11 mpg. The truck is very quiet and rides well. So far, I'm quite pleased. Pricing was good in Sept with the GM employee discount and additional 5K discount. Also got $1800 off with my GM card savings and I qualified for an additional GM company card bonus of $500. Every little bit helps in this crazy economy!

Driver Information Center (DIC), wide opening rear doors, quiet, good power, good sound system, seats are comfortable.

By reading other reviews, I avoided lint gathering seat fabrics