Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love it but slightly sketchy
By KoNaGuRl

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck sight unseen except for pictures sent via email. I love it but i'm noticing some issues someonelse previously wrote about with the thud noise in the differential. I've also noticed a delay in acceleration. No longer have dealerships here on island and i've also been told those are normal??? Anyone experienced these things and if so...normal????

I love the fact it's a BIG truck. Love everything except those "normal" things i mentioned. Sound system, onstar, storage all great.

hmmm...can't think of anything.

Wish I had may Dodge Back
By jan coppock

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck new, to get the fuel management system, in December 2007. In Jan. 2009 the check engine light came on. This continued with repeated trips to Dealer. Well, we have had to replace a map sensor, valve spring, 2 oxygen sensors (not under warranty), manifold and gasket,& wiring to cargo lamp. That's not the end. We now have no dome light, there is a chattering noise by the dash board when you let off the gas and go from 55 down to 40-45 (very annoying). We traded a 2 year old Dodge P.U. (fully loaded) for a Chevy (with less on it) and all we got was approx. 3 miles more to the gallon on gas, and a truck with problems and not a comfortable to ride in. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Couple issues
By esnewt

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for about 3 mos and have noticed a few things I wonder if anyone else has 1. the back bumper is rusting right over the exhaust. This appears to be a design flaw 2. the 4wd control is right in front of a vent and gets HOT when you have the heat going. I hope this is the heater and not the control overheating.

Great Truck
By Dexter

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Silverado performs very well. After two years of ownership, no problems to note. Great power with the 5.3. A six speed trany would have been nice, but four speed is tried and true. No problems pulling our 6000 lb boat. Locking rear dif. is the best on the market. Overall a very nice and capable truck.

Best gas mileage of any other full size. Navigation. Back up sensors. Flip up back seats.

Replace wood grain with polished aluminum. Larger glove box and more in cab storage.

2008 chevy silverado
By kstyle

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

After have this truck for a year and with over 11k on the truck the mpg has not improved. I am at best getting 15 mpg and I am light on the foot. I thought this would be a great truck but I just feel that chevy is too cheap to redesign the transmission and adding more power to the engine.

I added my own now. ipod stero, line x bed liner, tonnue cover, and dual exhaust.

mpg, interior needs an upgrade and not so cheep paint.

• SUV