2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Tailgate or Lack of Tailgate!
By DWB on 12/18/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The tailgate has about 2 inches near the top on each side where it is gapped and lets in snow, slop and salt. Very poor design. Also, cab leaves little room behind the seats for storage. Front suspension is noisy and causes a flutter when driving. Had it back two times and dealership cannot solve the problem. Appears the front suspension system leaves alot to be desired. Nowhere close to the quality of my 1997 Chevrolet K1500 4x4. Rather disappointed with the quality for a General Motors product. 17 inch tires made by Goodyear are not as smooth as my previous truck 16 inch Dunlop tires. Bench seat was much better since the center seat is too far forward for an adult to sit comfortably.

Awesome Truck
By phillips61 on 12/06/08 07:55 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one great truck, I looked at the Toyota but it was no comparison to the Chevrolet. The styling and handling are great. The LTZ is loaded feels like a Cadillac not a truck. We took it down to Bristol this summer and the mileage was better then expected (22-24mpg). Finally drove it in the snow and the stability control and ABS are great, my wife loves these safety features.

LTZ Z71 Crew Cab
By 3006 on 12/04/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LTZ Z71 Crew Cab is the way to go! So far, I am averaging 17.9mpg with 12k miles of driving in all conditions. I love pretty much everything about this truck and I haven't had to take it in for any warranty work yet! the only thing I can say need improvemnts are the roof height if you get a sunroof. I am 6'2" and sometimes I my head brushes the roof. Annoying as heck. Also, the rear bumper is worthless in the new trucks. I was bumped in the rear left corner. With the old truck, I wouldn't have had any damage at all. However, the bumper on the new truck folded right in and the side panel crushed. $1500 to repair! The lady hardly touched me!

My first new truck
By Coach Stew on 11/30/08 19:33 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have wanted a truck for some time and choose this vehicle over the F-150. My experience so far with this vehicle has confirmed I made the right choice. I particularly like the fact that it does ride very smooth. I don't like the fact that the air conditioner automatically switches back to outside air. I haven't figured that out yet.

I traded a Saturn for this beast
By kstyle on 11/29/08 04:14 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have 700 miles on this truck and so far I love it. Great quality and gets the job done. Gas kinda stinks on it right now but it is a new engine and when it breaks in I'm sure it will be better. I considered a Titan but the price was right on this one.

Great truck
By LIZARDGIZZARD on 11/28/08 10:50 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 1500 for about a year now and can report only good news. I have had no issues and the truck is very reliable. I purchased the truck with all the goodies to include, 5.3 v- 8 flexfuel, dvd, leather, the works. All still work well, I only wish the 5.3 had a little more power or I should have gotten the 6.0 v-8. But when gas was 4 bucks a gallon I was glad for the 5.3. I only wish I held out for the 6 speed auto. The 4 speed is nicely matched, but there are times when an other gear would greatly help expolite the power of the 5.3.

Fun truck
By LFD54 on 11/15/08 18:43 PM (PST)

Now with gas prices falling, I went out on a limb and bought a full size. I love the ride, especially the lack of road noise. The gas mileage could be better, but the Silverado is doing better than the others. After recently owning a 2000 Dodge 1500 and a 2003 Ford F150, this Silverado has everything in a much better package. The tranny, throttle and braking are a bit touchy, so something I need to get used to.

Half Breed
By a68vette on 11/03/08 12:29 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought what started out as an LT1. I ended up with a combination LT1, LT2, and LTZ. I have the 6.0 MAX in it, skid plates, stabilitrack, max towing package, aux tranny and oil coolers with the KN2 option. Love this truck. Not my first Silverado, but the best so far! Only thing lacking on this vehicle is the NAV system. Wish I had opted for it. XM is great, but it has very poor ability to receive local AM/FM bradcasts with its antenna design. I am going to the shop this week and see what can be done to improve local radio reception. There must be another digital antenna with a 2 1/2" mast molded into it. No more 5.7's being made. 5.3 is about 324 CI and 6.0 about 364 CI. Rec 6.0

Great Truck so far
By Pat Patterson on 10/28/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2005 GMC 2WD Crew which was a great truck. Couldn't resist the rebates and incentives GM was giving on the 08's besides I'd been wanting a 4WD. So far a real nice truck. I've read where the new truck is worlds better than the old but I can't tell it. Both are great handling, comfortable and well built. I wasn't sold on the looks of the 2008 model but its growing on me, especially in Ruby red. The interior is very nice and comfortable and it also has the dual climate zones which we loved in the old truck. The XM radio feature is a nice change and I like knowing OnStar is there for emergencies. My insurance premium went down also.

1500/LTZ-6.0 Liter V- Max/Z71
By Geo.Lopez on 10/26/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Driving this truck is like driving a Cadillac, it handles the curves of the road smoothly. I used to own a Ford Ranger. With the 1500/LTZ-6.0 Liter V- Max/Z71 I still get the same miles per gallon as the V-6 Vortex Ranger, but I have the advantage of a full sized truck with more towing capacity.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.