Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

still owning Chevy`s
By Jim & Norma

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is excellent! We've owned about a dozen new and used Chevy pickups in the last 25yrs. They just keep getting better! We like the new hood style. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. Visibility out all windows is great. This truck rides more like a car. I would have to say this is probably the best used pickup "so far".

Remote starting, active fuel management,comfortable interior,plenty of power, large rear seat area (plenty of leg room). I could go on and on but I`ll just say if you`re considering a new or used pickup, definitely test drive a silverado.

I wish they would have stayed with the old style wiper blades. They should also consider tailgate locks standard on all new trucks.

Nice truck from GM
By chen

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

before i bought this truck i test drive a new tundra and the tundra is very bumpy, but this Silverado rides smooth and i can't even hear the wind on the window. i love the leather design and the smooth ride of this truck. But there is always a problem to very single vehicle out there. i just have my power door lock and power rear view mirror (passenger side) fixed. and one time all of my interior lights and speedometer, mile indicator, and all gauges just shut-off by themselves while i was still driving. But they came back up in the morning when i went to work and no problem ever since.

smooth ride, leather seats, interior design is more better looking than other newer trucks.

fix the electrical problem on the power door locks and mirror. right now these are the common problem for these GM trucks.

Best half ton in 2008
By Manitouchuck

Bought this PU new at end of March 2008. I love the truck. 2 problems I have had are the placement of rear exhaust pipe under the chrome rear bumper, it causes spot rusting on the bumper. You have to stay on it or it will eventually rust away. Also, my powertrain control module went out after about 11 months. Truck would not run period. No one I have talked to has heard of this part going out. No problems the last 13 months. This truck is a joy to drive. In the summer I can get 20-22 mpg on the highway on long trips. Around town I get 16-18 on the DIC. Subtract 1 mpg when hand calib. Winter mileage runs about 14-15 in town. Also, damaged black spoiler in frnt hitting snow drift, its 2 low.

Heated seats & windshield washer fluid. Bose stereo, auto folding mirrors. XM for life.

Raise the front end, fix the tailpipe design issue with the rusting.

Well designed and improved
By jb

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm going into my third year of this vehicle and I am mostly impressed. The build quality is better than many of the foreign trucks for the first time ever, and a huge step up over previous models. Gas mileage for me has been about 15.5mpg with mostly city driving and a lot of 4wd in the winter. Other than a fender bender which caused no body damage other than the PLASTIC flashing below the bumper that was easy to remove, I've had no mechanical issues. The cloth seats are comfortable but collect lint like mad and already are falling apart at the seams. The ride is great though, and the back seats easily fit my 3 kids on 6 hour fishing trips without a problem

Ride quality is great, and build quality, especially fit and finish is great for a non-import. I added dual exhaust and a K&M CAI for fun, the interior is still pretty quiet even with the exhaust. Utility is great for hauling and fishing. and she has handled the crazy snows this year with ease.

Lots. gas mileage is horrible and it should have more than 4-speed. Cloth seats are comfy but already showing wear. MOST IMPORTANT: this truck has the turning radius of an 18 wheeler. I've driven bigger trucks that turn better. I got parked in, at a lot where most trucks would have no probs

poor quality
By john

bought this truck as a demo with 6000 miles rides nice 4/4 works good put 10000 per year on truck, seats are falling apart, lint everywhere, back door handles falling off, paint peeling, I picked this truck over a toyota, because of good deals from GM i had also bought a 2004 silverado that had numerous power steering problems, should have gone with my gut and got the toyota, next truck will be a ford or toyota, ive given GM enough business

better quality overall, make it all in USA