2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
1st new truck purchase
By Brandon on 04/17/08 03:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first truck I have purchased new. Totally enjoy the truck so far (3500 miles). I did have a leak in the front trasfer case, took it in and they found nothing. It hasn't leaked since. Looked like a seal was leaking. The only complaint I have is something I have seen on here, the cloth seats need constant removal of lint and seat shedding. Didn't know if this was due to "new" seats or if this will be a constant battle. Maybe should have spent the extra money for leather. Other than that it is an awesome truck, get lots of looks and compliments. Added a soft bed cover, spray in liner and chrome door handles. Back in black and lovin ever minute of it. Like a rock!

2008 Silverado
By Jacob on 04/15/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I initially got into an accident and totalled a fully loaded Tahoe. I put 96,000 problem-free miles on the Tahoe prior to it becoming a total loss. I never considered happiness could be had in a pick-up truck until the rental company put me in a crew cab Silverado for 30 days. I had to have one. The vehicle drives very smooth and due to the fuel management change from 8 to 4 cylinders on the highway, the improvement in gas mileage is very welcome.

Excellent Truck!
By Paulboy on 04/15/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love my truck! Used to have a car but driven right my truck gets the same mileage! I get about 20.5 mpg on highway, set the cruise at 65 and it'll stay in 4 cyl mode all day long! Z71 supension and tires are a must! I've been off roading a bunch of times and I've never even been close to getting stuck! Great looking truck except for those scratches now!

08 ext cab 5.3 Z71
By Doc on 03/29/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

All in all, a much improved truck from my '04 Z71 ext. cab Silverado. The ride is great, handling is much better. My first road trip averaged 18 MPG. Hopefully it will get better as it breaks in. Chevy did away with the "plug & play" trailer brake controller harness. You'll find the wire bundle under the dash, plus 2 taped wires under the hood that have to be connected, plus an added fuse to buy. My biggest complaint: The doors lock automatically, either when shifting or at a factory set speed. There is no way to disable the auto locks. #2 is the required use of the keyless remote. Unlocking the driver's door with the key sets off the alarm. No way to change this either, I'm told.

Bigger and Better
By sorin serban on 03/28/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

I have been a chevy truck owner for over 30 years. This has hands down been the best truck I have ever owned. I still cannot believe that I am getting an average of 22 mpg on the highway, with the active fuel management. Not to mention the versatility of the back doors opening 170 degrees makes getting the kids in and out a snap. I love the power when I am hauling my boat to the lake it feels like I'm not hauling anything at all. GM went above and beyond this time.

Amazing Truck!
By iTAPout on 03/28/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

I just got my Z71 extended cab Silverado 2 weeks ago. Coming from a Chevy Equinox, I was used to a car-based SUV feel and didn't particularly like the disconnected steering I found in most trucks and large SUV's. This vehicle handles great, and I don't feel akward driving it.

Could use improvements
By workdude on 03/27/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been is the repair shop a lot over the past 5 months I have owned it. Most of the miles are highway. 12,500 miles. I live down a gravel road so I have had some issues with rock chips, behind the back tries and front. Frame is really built cheap on these pickups, fuel pump has been replaced, starter replaced, The tires seem to wear uneven, fuel mileage is horrible, I get better on my 1 ton truck.

Chevy doing great things
By jim toms on 03/25/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As an owner of Chevrolet trucks all my life, I cannot believe the drastic changes on the new Silverado. I have had mine for over a year now and I absolutely love it. As a commuter of 30 miles to work each way and then recreation. The gas mileage for a full size truck is unrivaled. You can notice a big change when the active fuel management kicks in because the gas gauge will actually rise it is incredible. It is nice to not have to sacrifice power for fuel economy. Seats incredible comfortable and extremely versatile.

4500 Awsome Miles and Counting
By dbragg on 03/13/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is an absolute pleasure to drive. The 5.3L engine is strong although the transmission shifts could be tighter. The handling is more car than truck like. We've had a rough winter in the northeast but the Silverado handled the snow and ice with out a problem. Fuel mileage is 18.5mpg on the highway and 14 to 15mpg in town, but I knew what I was getting when I went with the 5.3L engine. The build quality on this truck is second to none.

5.3 = more go, same flow
By Foony on 03/08/08 00:24 AM (PST)

Like another revewer here, I also traded in my '05 for the '08. They are two entirely different trucks. I loved my '05 but missed it for about 3 seconds after I drove the new one off the lot. Chevy went back to the drawing board with this one. It is a serioulsy great truck. Looks great, handles great. If you plan on carying any kind of load, I would strongly recommend the 5.3 liter. (I never tried the baby 6 cylinder) With a lumber rack, Camper shell, and full of tools, I can still get upto and maintain highway speeds like it was empty. (and about the same mileage)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.