2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Now THIS is what I call a REAL truck!
By Ericonline on 03/29/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely love it! Got a great 2 year lease and within a few days I regretted that I had not bought it! VERY fun to drive - power, handling, comfortable, etc. A little bumpy in the back seat for the wife and kids but otherwise an awesome truck.

bad mpg
By MCRIDER on 02/28/09 14:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Anyone else with a 08 chev silv. 1500 v6/4.3l reg cab 4x4 8 ft bed, have terrible gas mileage? I only have 3400 mi. On truck. Normal driving between city/hwy I get 10-11 mpg. Definitely not good!

So much better than my previous Z-71
By CHRISB on 02/21/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My lease was up on my 06 Z-71 LT3 truck in October 08, so I decided to buy the new 08 for about $2500 more than it would have cost to buy the 06 off of the lease. Wow! What a huge difference a redesign can make. Same basic powertrain, but 5.3 now with flex fuel, same 4L60, but I am almost sure that GM has stopped using that junk rear end supplier that plagued the previous body truck. They claim the new truck is 146% stronger in the frame, and I would say that much and more. I like the Active Fuel Management, but it doesn't seem to work above 70, or on an incline of any sort whatsoever. Overall A+

08 Work Truck, Love It
By Dennis Adams on 02/15/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck for its great looks and big bed. I have had many Chevy trucks in the past but this is the best by far. Drives like a big car and rides like one. Pulls a car trailer with a car on it like nothing is behind it, and it is the 4.3 v6. Love the rack steering. Wish it had a grab handle on the drivers side so I wouldn't have to grab the steering wheel to enter the cab. Don't care much for the black cloth on the seats. Shows my cat's hair.

$13500 Extended Cab, Best deal ever!
By taohk on 01/23/09 23:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the truck on Jan 5th, 09. Last day of the Red tag price. It has the heavy duty chrome grille with chrome mesh, chrome mirror caps, wheels, door and tailgate handles, carpet with all weather floor mat, cargo management system, window and bug deflector, plus deep tinted glasses and a color matched OEM hard Tonneau cover which made by fiberglass. All the chrome makes the truck looks really sharp. The manager accepted my $15000 offer, then I used $1500 GM cash to bring the price down to $13500. The MSRP was over $26000 included Tonneau cover. The truck is nice, but it would nicer if it has a V8. My co-workers didn't believe the price until they see the receipt. Overall, I am satisfied

Good Buy
By Ryan on 01/12/09 11:01 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted a dependable work or play truck and got exactly what I was looking for. Purchased a 2008 (4.3 / Auto) with LS package (chrome bumpers and wheels), locking rear, keyless, carpet, cruise and A/C for around $13,500 (Original sticker $20,850). I couldn't find a used truck with those features for that kind of price. Getting mileage as promised (17-18 combined) Everything in the engine compartment is easy to access. Very pleased with the truck.

Perfect!
By Tina on 01/01/09 05:29 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect! I love eveything about it! Fast and great on gas! I get 21 MPG average most of the time. I have the 5.3 with 315 horsepower. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a tank of gas a couple of times.

GM knows how to build a truck!
By Drum Dawg on 01/01/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been fantastic! I test drove many different vehicles before deciding on the Chevy. My wife and I do lots of research before even going to look at vehicles and really can't believe someone would purchase anything but a Chevy(GMC). The engine (5.3L) is really good on gas and provides loads of horsepower. The ride feels very firm and the truck's standard features are great! My buddy's Ridgeline (that he bought a week before my purchase) is a lesser truck in all areas. He regrets his purchase after riding in mine. I haven't used to roadside assistance but am happy to have it. My advice... Before buying anything else- go drive a Chevy and you will buy it. Best truck ever! This truck is perfect in all areas. Make sure you buy the 5.3 L so you can get great gas mileage and still smoke the tires. Buy the level of truck that you want. The LT1 package was good for me. Rails are a good investment.

I have the 6.0 MAX LS and love it!
By opus on 12/30/08 04:49 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had the 6.0 for a bit over a month and love it! Got the 6.0 trailering package to tow for Moab, but fell in love with the power and comfort! The LT doesn't have the leather and heated seats, washers, etc., of the LTZ, but with a remote start, who really needs that? And for 8 grand more than I paid, I sure don't! Ride is great for a truck, better than most cars! Interior is far superior to Ford or Toyota - which I considered as well. Gas mileage is not that great. I've been averaging around 12-14 for the past month, but my foot is a bit heavy with this new toy! And I don't do much freeway driving yet. Overall, A great vehicle for 15000 under invoice.

2008 Silverado 1500
By Keith on 12/27/08 23:46 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Several annoying features that detract from an otherwise solid design. (1) Steering wheel too far forward. You really have to slide forward to get a comfortable position thereby placing your knees very close to the lower dash. (2) No locking fuel filler door. (3) No grab handle for the driver. GM uses the weak excuse that a wiring harness goes up the driver side pillar. (4) Poor design lower dash trim panel (closest to your knees) that protudes rearward instead of forward further reducing leg room. (5) Poor radio control placement. The most used knob, the one to change stations is on the far right. This makes a long reach. Should have been on the left of the radio.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.