2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best Silverado Yet.
By txreaction on 09/08/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three Silverados so far..1995, 2000, 2004SS, and my new 2008 is far superior. The options that are available are excellent. I opted for the extended cab LT2 package with the Texas Edition upgrade which includes fog lights, special 20" rims, and cargo management system. Stickered for $33,000. Out the door with gap insurance and extended warranty I paid $23,480. Thanks to employee pricing of course. If you have your doubts, just test drive one...there is a reason people refer to the Silverado as the Cadillac of trucks.

This is the truck to get
By texas truck fan on 08/11/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been on the market for a truck for about a year, and this is by far the best out there. I test drove a Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Nissan and Toyota. I went with the Chevy as it was the best by far. The Dodge and Ford looked cheap on the inside. I honestly don't see how anyone could pick the Ford over the Chevy. Great comfort.

Top-of-the Line
By Manitouchuck on 07/28/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drove a 93 Toyota 4x4 Ext. cab I bought new for 15 years (200k) & loved it. Was planning on a new Tundra, researched all the 1500s & Silverado is hands down the best. 5600 miles since 4/7/08, runs like a fine watch, quiet and smooth. If I take it easy 17-18 mpg in city with some freeway, 20-22 on the hwy on the DIC. You can drop 1-1.5 mpg off the DIC mileage & be close. If you get into the torque, goodbye mileage. You can be a hyper-miler if you watch the DIC, learn when to coast on your daily drives, and save your brakes & dollars. I don't have any major complaints, it is as reviewed by many here. I have Z71, wanted Z85 w/6-spd tran. but they ship mostly Z71 on lot. I'll drive it 15+ & like it!

Remarkable power, handling, and styling.
By Wutisay1 on 07/26/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Moved up to the truck from an S-10 to tow our boat The ride is amazing, especially for a standard-size truck. Plenty of power. I am getting about 19 MPG, with mostly highway driving. That is not bad, I think, for such a capable vehicle. The fit and finish is the best I have seen on a truck.

New 2008 truck
By dirt on 07/14/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

New system that cuts 4 cylinders off not so effective. Best mpg's 18. Expected better. I'm not an aggressive driver and usually maintain a constant speed. Mostly highway driving. Very nice ride, but not as responsive as my Nissan Titan was at 16.5 mpg

Awesome truck
By stup62 on 07/13/08 05:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Am very pleased with this truck. My first time owning a full size pickup, so far I put 1200 miles on and no problems. Am averaging 17.7 mpg around town. Will be taking on a trip later this summer, hope to improve on that number.

so far, GREAT TRUCK!!
By Anderson on 06/23/08 00:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

More power & gearsI live in MN. I have the Z71 off road. Been a great truck during the winter and summer. This is my first new truck. I love it. I am getting about 18 to 20 MPG on highway. New style black truck with 18" rims looks very sharp. The fuel mgmt does help but doesnt seem to stay in 4cyl for very long even on strait level areas. Truck drives and handles very nice. Kind of tough to park in tight areas but thats to be expected with a truck. Quiet smooth ride. I have used the remote start and it is great. My only complaint about that is that it shuts off after 10 minutes. Should be at least 15 minutes for a MN winter to defrost windows and heat truck up.

Bye Bye Diesel
By David on 06/05/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had an F-350 when the fuel went over 4.68 a gal I had to get rid of it. I've always known Chevy was a good ride. This truck is great so far, I do find I drop power once in a while going around corners like a fuel hiccup. It's only second or two but it feels strange. The fuel mileage was great while I was watching it but it drove my girlfriend nuts so I stopped (took it off instant miles per gallon) since then my avg fuel mileage went from 16.5 to 15.8 so watching what you're doing while driving helps slow stops and gradual speed take offs does a lot. I also am a bit frustrated with the seats I can't keep the lint off.

2008 Chevrolet Ext. Cab LTZ 6.0L
By winston on 05/31/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went truck shopping and drove the competitive model Ford, Toyota, Dodge and Chevy extended cab trucks. I was replacing an F150 that had been a very very good truck for the 7 years I owned it. Not one issue ever. So naturally I was inclined towards the Ford. After driving all the trucks I decided on the Chevy. I likes the power from the 6.0L compared to the Ford which seemed pretty weak in the pwer department. The Toyota used very poor interior materials and rode terrible. The Dodge was nice but the bed was 6.25 feet compared to the others 6.5ft bed. Overall the Chevy offered a great combination of features with the LTZ package and the Vortec Max package.

Like a Rock
By Andy on 05/27/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

Very nice truck. Extremely quiet interior and very comfortable. It is a pleasure to drive. Stereo sounds great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.