5.3 = more go, same flow
By Foony on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Like another revewer here, I also traded in my '05 for the '08. They are two entirely different trucks. I loved my '05 but missed it for about 3 seconds after I drove the new one off the lot. Chevy went back to the drawing board with this one. It is a serioulsy great truck. Looks great, handles great. If you plan on carying any kind of load, I would strongly recommend the 5.3 liter. (I never tried the baby 6 cylinder) With a lumber rack, Camper shell, and full of tools, I can still get upto and maintain highway speeds like it was empty. (and about the same mileage)
Favorite Features
170 degree rear doors are a nice touch. Rear power windows on Ext cab? you bet! OnStar. XM radio. Steering wheel radio/cruise control. Strongest box on the market (important for lumber racks [I've heard Tundras tend to crumple]) Tons of digital information at the touch of a button.
Suggested Improvements
When compared to the '05, the only thing I found better on the older model was the quality of the back seats. Chevy improved the entire truck by 200% but I feel they lost about 10% on the back seats. Don't get me wrong, they are still comfortable and roomy. No room under them for even a small sub.