2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My first new truck
By Coach Stew on 11/30/08 19:33 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have wanted a truck for some time and choose this vehicle over the F-150. My experience so far with this vehicle has confirmed I made the right choice. I particularly like the fact that it does ride very smooth. I don't like the fact that the air conditioner automatically switches back to outside air. I haven't figured that out yet.

Half Breed
By a68vette on 11/03/08 12:29 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought what started out as an LT1. I ended up with a combination LT1, LT2, and LTZ. I have the 6.0 MAX in it, skid plates, stabilitrack, max towing package, aux tranny and oil coolers with the KN2 option. Love this truck. Not my first Silverado, but the best so far! Only thing lacking on this vehicle is the NAV system. Wish I had opted for it. XM is great, but it has very poor ability to receive local AM/FM bradcasts with its antenna design. I am going to the shop this week and see what can be done to improve local radio reception. There must be another digital antenna with a 2 1/2" mast molded into it. No more 5.7's being made. 5.3 is about 324 CI and 6.0 about 364 CI. Rec 6.0

1500/LTZ-6.0 Liter V- Max/Z71
By Geo.Lopez on 10/26/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Driving this truck is like driving a Cadillac, it handles the curves of the road smoothly. I used to own a Ford Ranger. With the 1500/LTZ-6.0 Liter V- Max/Z71 I still get the same miles per gallon as the V-6 Vortex Ranger, but I have the advantage of a full sized truck with more towing capacity.

Love It!
By Fred on 10/24/08 02:42 AM (PDT)

Great truck. Fit and finish excellent and have received many compliments in the short period I have owned it. All aspects of the vehicle top shelf and the best in any pickup I have owned. (5 so far) Gas mileage about 16.8 around town which what I was getting in my SUV. Example of great American engineering..Chevrolet

Love this truck!
By GLG3 on 10/22/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with not only the look of this truck, but the way it performs. I've only had it a few weeks and had many compliments on it. This could be the best truck purchase I have ever made.

Quality truck
By tammy on 10/20/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

Family is real happy with the new truck, looks sharp and has a nicer ride than a car. Plenty of room even for the family. I like the extended doors. Truck gets great gas mileage compared to other trucks in its class. An all around solid truck.

Had my last Ford
By macvette on 10/09/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The last 3 trucks I have bought have been Fords. I used to drive Chevys but for some reason I bought a few Fords. The last was 07 F250 4x4 and that was the worst riding truck I have ever owned, anyway I bought the 1500 LTZ and so far I am very happy. The ride and drive are extremely good for my application. The fuel management I don't understand, sitting at a red light it runs on all cyclinders, I thought this would be a great time to save fuel. Overall I am pleased so far, but have less than 1000 miles.

Replaced my old Chevy Pickup
By Steve on 10/06/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck to replace my 15 year old Chevy Silverado half-ton pickup. Got the LT1 package with 5.3L V8. First trip had 19 mpg with combined city and highway. In just the city, it seems to only get about 11 mpg. The truck is very quiet and rides well. So far, I'm quite pleased. Pricing was good in Sept with the GM employee discount and additional 5K discount. Also got $1800 off with my GM card savings and I qualified for an additional GM company card bonus of $500. Every little bit helps in this crazy economy!

A tad disapointed in this one
By Jim on 09/18/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice design of the new body style. Very comfortable as well. But, why oh why has GM made the 1/2 ton trucks so low to the ground. Had to put a 2.5" leveling kit in the front to take that nose dive out of the front end. Also, they made a change in the steering that is way too responsive. The slightest little movement and you're going off into the next lane which does get very scarry with any hiway traffic. They put the radio controls a little out of reach so changing the station on the radio has become a frightening situation. The old steering response in my 2002 2500HD was great and a more relaxing drive. Now it's more of a stressed drive than before. Why can't a good thing be left alone.

Chevy finally delivers
By Chevy Lover Again on 09/10/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

Born into a "Bow Tie" only family and being the first to purchase a Honda due to lack of confidence in any American segment, I can now honestly say, Chevy has learned! I feel confident in the truck's performance, comfortable with better build qualities inside, and safe. 15000mi and not a problem (Honda CR-V blew up its A/C unit at 14000 and power window problems never stopped). OnStar is a great feature I feel should be on every car, not just GM (needs to be cheaper). Rear-ended by a Camry (crushed its front end, nothing to the truck) and an F-150 (crushed its front end and fender, bumper damage to my truck). Best fuel mileage for a 5.3L compared to others. Great truck!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.