2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Couple issues
By esnewt on 01/26/10 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for about 3 mos and have noticed a few things I wonder if anyone else has 1. the back bumper is rusting right over the exhaust. This appears to be a design flaw 2. the 4wd control is right in front of a vent and gets HOT when you have the heat going. I hope this is the heater and not the control overheating.

Cloth Seats Stink but Great Truck
By DWW on 11/21/09 16:29 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this pickup over a year now and has been flawless! The fuel mileage is great with the 5.3 and the engine goes like scat. Have gotten over 20mpg several times on trips. Do wish the AFM would stay in the V-4 mode longer,it kicks out way too easy.The cloth seats are another matter. Everything sticks to them like flypaper. If I had known this I would have gotten leather.

nice truck
By dereko on 08/29/09 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

nice quiet ride. very smooth. we take the truck for family outings, while the suv sit in the garage. i've learned to drive easy to maximize mileage using afm, but would like it to stay in 4cyl at higher speeds/rpm. average is 17.1 on computer. had one problem with pass lock not locking/unlocking. it was fixed under warranty.

Gas mileage less than when new
By Calvin Bowlin on 08/10/09 21:37 PM (PDT)

Had a water leak in the cab due to improper vent installation from factory, lots of wiring issues from water damage, fuel mgt. system robs power and does improve mpg, truck averaged 18-21 mpg for the first 6-8 months. now averages 15.3 hwy with cruse set at 65mph, 13-14 overall. Previously had a 2004 with 5.3 engine that got 19mpg on hwy at 80,000 miles, 2004 was much stronger hauling hay and a boat, 2008 5.3 runs at 211-212 degrees. Seems too hot for just going down the road empty. I am not convinced GM has improved the truck over previous body style. rear bumper is nothing more than stamped sheet metal, very cheap,

After 1 year and 25000 miles
By Mole man on 07/30/09 17:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

After my first year in the new Silverado I can say I am very pleased. As this is a business truck and I spend a lot of time in it. the ride is fantastic. The 4x4 can't be beat. Great interior although it is lacking in cup holders and storage space. Only one problem so far and that is the stereo. Once the Serious radio was turned off I noticed the radio volume fluctuates horribly as the radio struggles to pick up the digital radio transmission. This is not due to the auto volume adjust option. Just poor radio design. It is so bad that if I don't have a CD to listen to, the radio is turned off. Wished it had a non-satellite radio. Back to dealership 3x on this issue.

Beats Dodge hands down.
By Mike on 07/13/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The only negative comment i have about my 2008 silverado is that the front end of the truck has very little ground clearance for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I bought a new dodge ram in 1999 and the chevrolet is far superior in quality.

Must have been built on a holiday
By cac4 on 04/19/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

I purchased this truck used with 17 k on it. In the 5 month I have had it it has been to the dlr 5 times and monday is #6. Trans leak,main seal,body molds,mpg,u-joints. It now only has 26k. I also am only getting 15 mpg. I love gm and must have just got a lemon.

So much better than my previous Z-71
By CHRISB on 02/21/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My lease was up on my 06 Z-71 LT3 truck in October 08, so I decided to buy the new 08 for about $2500 more than it would have cost to buy the 06 off of the lease. Wow! What a huge difference a redesign can make. Same basic powertrain, but 5.3 now with flex fuel, same 4L60, but I am almost sure that GM has stopped using that junk rear end supplier that plagued the previous body truck. They claim the new truck is 146% stronger in the frame, and I would say that much and more. I like the Active Fuel Management, but it doesn't seem to work above 70, or on an incline of any sort whatsoever. Overall A+

$13500 Extended Cab, Best deal ever!
By taohk on 01/23/09 23:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the truck on Jan 5th, 09. Last day of the Red tag price. It has the heavy duty chrome grille with chrome mesh, chrome mirror caps, wheels, door and tailgate handles, carpet with all weather floor mat, cargo management system, window and bug deflector, plus deep tinted glasses and a color matched OEM hard Tonneau cover which made by fiberglass. All the chrome makes the truck looks really sharp. The manager accepted my $15000 offer, then I used $1500 GM cash to bring the price down to $13500. The MSRP was over $26000 included Tonneau cover. The truck is nice, but it would nicer if it has a V8. My co-workers didn't believe the price until they see the receipt. Overall, I am satisfied

2008 Silverado 1500
By Keith on 12/27/08 23:46 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Several annoying features that detract from an otherwise solid design. (1) Steering wheel too far forward. You really have to slide forward to get a comfortable position thereby placing your knees very close to the lower dash. (2) No locking fuel filler door. (3) No grab handle for the driver. GM uses the weak excuse that a wiring harness goes up the driver side pillar. (4) Poor design lower dash trim panel (closest to your knees) that protudes rearward instead of forward further reducing leg room. (5) Poor radio control placement. The most used knob, the one to change stations is on the far right. This makes a long reach. Should have been on the left of the radio.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.