2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I've had them all
By Brian on 09/01/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Fords and just traded a 2004 Ram hemi for the Silverado. Very happy so far, averaging 19.1 mpg after the 1st 1K miles. Not sure what took me so long to get the Silverado. I bought the 2 wheel drive model due to all of the hiway I drive. Everyone thinks it looks like a 4 wheel drive. It came with traction control, should be fine in winter.

Love this truck but
By Matt on 08/27/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At first I was in love with the new GMC's but now I'm glad I bought the Chevy. I love the looks of mine with the factory 20's, body colored door handles, and the sunroof. Everyone tells me how awesome my truck is.

Jury Still Out
By LancTruckMan on 08/27/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My first pickup in 12 years but have been GM fan for 10 (was Ford). As with my previous Tahoe this is a well built truck. In & out looks great. Ride is somewhat more truck than my Tahoe. Engine run and road noise is great except for tire noise but that's due to the dueler tires on when purchased. Already better gas mileage according to the computer than my 03 Tahoe.

Great truck
By johnny on 08/08/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My previous truck was a 2004 Nissan Titan SE model 2 wheel drive crew cab. I bought the Chevrolet because I wanted a four wheel drive. I was averaging about 15 mpg in the Titan. I am averaging 16.5 mpg in the Silverado. The Silverado also has a much more comfortable ride than did the Nissan. I could not be more pleased with my purchase.

Fun To Drive Truck
By PaulS on 07/18/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, by far much better that the 2006 2500 HD 4WD gas guzzling machine I traded in. Not sure what the active fuel management is, however after the purchase process on the long journey home over a 100 miles this baby got alittle over 18MPG compared to the 13 mpg the 2006 Chevy. This truck is much more quieter and much more fun to drive. Smooth acceleration quick to stop. This is by far the best truck Chevy has ever put out.

New, Fun Silverado
By Ric Gleason on 07/18/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

So far, so good. No issues what-so-ever. The mileage is not great, but it is a truck so I'm not upset at all. The 5.3 is plenty for my applications, but I do think a 6 speed tranny would be better. The Crew Cab layout is great. I narrowed my selection to the Silverado and the Tundra. After driving both, I chose the Silverado. No regrets at all. Overall it's a very nice truck.

Great Truck
By wade on 06/23/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well my wife likes driving my Chevy Truck more than her 07 Saturn Vue. The comfort level is remarkable, were as you know that you are diving a truck, after 2 or 3 hundred miles you don't feel beat up from the drive. Its a Truck that drives like a car. I test drove Ford trucks #1 because they cost less and felt like I had been driving a truck after just a short time.

Is Silverado mileage false advertising?
By David Martin on 06/23/08 06:28 AM (PDT)

Overall I really like my '08 Silverado over my '01. The ride is much better and it's quieter. I got the 5.3 engine with 3.42 gears for better mileage, but I'm getting 12mpg city and 16mpg highway? My '01 got 14mpg city and 18mpg highway. notice mileage on this site is split between folks getting great mileage and folks getting really bad mileage. Something sure seems amiss! The cruise control doesn't seem to work as well as on my '01.

Great Truck for us in no man's land
By Cobb on 05/30/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

Where I live you need a truck you can count on, Wyoming. Unlike most states you can drive for hours and not see a town or even a person. You don't want to be stranded. Cell phone coverage is spotty at best and you need reliability. OnStar. This truck has taken a beating and has never looked back. It's comfortable even though you are going over some of the roughest roads. Fully loaded or not great truck for the snow flying months. This truck was built for the heavest of jobs and the most roughest conditions. I never was a Chevy man but know I will only buy Chevy's.

Good Truck
By Jim Pettersen on 04/13/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

Nice ride, very comfortable, quiet truck. My only issues are small ones. The 20" factory tires rub on the GM mudflaps when you turn sharp, the dealer tells me there is nothing more they can do. Some of the double faced tape that holds the body side moldings to the doors was too long and I had to trim off. I have to agree with some of the other reviews that the active fuel management system seems to be a joke. I just returned from a 3600 mile trip and averaged 18 mpg. My 2006 Silverado with 3:42 gears averaged 19 on the same route. Overall I do not believe there is an truck that compares to the 2008 Silverado.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew-cab in WA is:

$188 per month*