Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Happy with my truck!
By Bowtie

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little disappointed in the fact that I have serious lack of options on this model, but after comparing other crew cab trucks for the same price I realize I have more. The Dodge Ram would have been my other choice, but I have some full sized kids to tote along with other work related items. Performance is decent the engine responds well in a pinch. The ride is smooth, only second to the Ford F-150 (and I've test driven all the competition). I've put 2500 miles on it in 2 weeks...and I have filled it up no less than 10 times...so the gas mileage stinks, but hey...it's a truck!

Favorite Features

I soooo need the interior space and the price was great! I use every inch of this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had better gas mileage and more compartment space. Also, I haven't yet gotten used to parking this big behemoth due to a the view over the front right corner. I'll get it together soon though.

GM -Finally- got it right - For Now
By Old Red

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've every seen in my 62 years. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've every been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

Favorite Features

Great quality of manufacture, smooth ride, very comfortably. 6.0 VMax engine has great power for pulling some pretty good loads up Casper Mountain switchbacks. After 1 3/4 years of fairly hard use, I have found NO defects, NONE. Including Japanese it is the best quality 1/2 ton pickup I have drive

Suggested Improvements

It has a 4 speed auto. A 6 speed would match up a lot better to the 6.0 367hp engine power band. Sadly I won't be buying another GM product, because I just can't image a government/labor union owned manufacturer ever being able to turn out vehicles with any kind of quality.

Now THIS is what I call a REAL truck!
By Ericonline

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely love it! Got a great 2 year lease and within a few days I regretted that I had not bought it! VERY fun to drive - power, handling, comfortable, etc. A little bumpy in the back seat for the wife and kids but otherwise an awesome truck.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive -- I'm not kidding.

Suggested Improvements

How can anyone suggest improvements to a vehicle they love? I mean, could there be some, sure, but there are too many good features to worry about improvements.

Perfect!
By Tina

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect! I love eveything about it! Fast and great on gas! I get 21 MPG average most of the time. I have the 5.3 with 315 horsepower. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a tank of gas a couple of times.

Favorite Features

It's fast and smooth.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's great.

GM knows how to build a truck!
By Drum Dawg

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been fantastic! I test drove many different vehicles before deciding on the Chevy. My wife and I do lots of research before even going to look at vehicles and really can't believe someone would purchase anything but a Chevy(GMC). The engine (5.3L) is really good on gas and provides loads of horsepower. The ride feels very firm and the truck's standard features are great! My buddy's Ridgeline (that he bought a week before my purchase) is a lesser truck in all areas. He regrets his purchase after riding in mine. I haven't used to roadside assistance but am happy to have it. My advice... Before buying anything else- go drive a Chevy and you will buy it. Best truck ever! This truck is perfect in all areas. Make sure you buy the 5.3 L so you can get great gas mileage and still smoke the tires. Buy the level of truck that you want. The LT1 package was good for me. Rails are a good investment.

Favorite Features

Gas miser, yet power brute! Firm handling and smooth ride. On Star is great and I love my 20" rims. I still can't believe more people aren't fighting to buy this truck!

Suggested Improvements

None.