Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Nice but awefull interior
By tjdayney

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I got a great deal with 0% apr.
The thing I did not notice when new was how bad the interior seat fabric and dash material is.
everything sticks to the fabric like velcro.
it so almost impossible to get hair off and any dust just stick like crazy to the dash.
it looks nice when it is clean but as soon as you sit in it it gets dirty.
Drive train and mechanical functions are all good so far.
the only problem I am having is the door handle is loose and the dealer could not fix it.

The exterior style.

New material for the seats and dash. the stuff the chose is absolutely awful. It has almost made me want to sell it it is so bad.

still owning Chevy`s
By Jim & Norma

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is excellent! We've owned about a dozen new and used Chevy pickups in the last 25yrs. They just keep getting better! We like the new hood style. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. Visibility out all windows is great. This truck rides more like a car. I would have to say this is probably the best used pickup "so far".

Remote starting, active fuel management,comfortable interior,plenty of power, large rear seat area (plenty of leg room). I could go on and on but I`ll just say if you`re considering a new or used pickup, definitely test drive a silverado.

I wish they would have stayed with the old style wiper blades. They should also consider tailgate locks standard on all new trucks.

Love it but slightly sketchy
By KoNaGuRl

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck sight unseen except for pictures sent via email. I love it but i'm noticing some issues someonelse previously wrote about with the thud noise in the differential. I've also noticed a delay in acceleration. No longer have dealerships here on island and i've also been told those are normal??? Anyone experienced these things and if so...normal????

I love the fact it's a BIG truck. Love everything except those "normal" things i mentioned. Sound system, onstar, storage all great.

hmmm...can't think of anything.

Great Truck
By Dexter

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Silverado performs very well. After two years of ownership, no problems to note. Great power with the 5.3. A six speed trany would have been nice, but four speed is tried and true. No problems pulling our 6000 lb boat. Locking rear dif. is the best on the market. Overall a very nice and capable truck.

Best gas mileage of any other full size. Navigation. Back up sensors. Flip up back seats.

Replace wood grain with polished aluminum. Larger glove box and more in cab storage.

Still running great and smooth
By billboo80

I was a little worried about the tires that came with it, but they held up surprisingly well a year later. Leather seating and comfort allows us to take lengthy trips exceeding 6 -9 hours without aches/pains.Initial flapping noise at 60 mph was found to be front windshield plastic trim. We got it replaced. Oh yeah, there is this little thing called GM driveline lash, where there is slop in the differential, between the ring and pinion gears, so you hear a clunk when starting forward after a stop. GM says its normal...I'll keep checking.

Cab allows full view over the hood. 5.3L engine has good power and acceleration. Towed a 5000 lb trailer and felt no engine strain in the slightest. Low road noise, so I could carry on a nice conversation. Dual zone AC is NICE!!

Redesign the spline and pinion gear assembly to take care of that clunking effect.