2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Happy with my truck!
By Bowtie on 07/07/09 23:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little disappointed in the fact that I have serious lack of options on this model, but after comparing other crew cab trucks for the same price I realize I have more. The Dodge Ram would have been my other choice, but I have some full sized kids to tote along with other work related items. Performance is decent the engine responds well in a pinch. The ride is smooth, only second to the Ford F-150 (and I've test driven all the competition). I've put 2500 miles on it in 2 weeks...and I have filled it up no less than 10 times...so the gas mileage stinks, but hey...it's a truck!

GM -Finally- got it right - For Now
By Old Red on 06/27/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've every seen in my 62 years. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've every been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

Now THIS is what I call a REAL truck!
By Ericonline on 03/29/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely love it! Got a great 2 year lease and within a few days I regretted that I had not bought it! VERY fun to drive - power, handling, comfortable, etc. A little bumpy in the back seat for the wife and kids but otherwise an awesome truck.

Perfect!
By Tina on 01/01/09 05:29 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect! I love eveything about it! Fast and great on gas! I get 21 MPG average most of the time. I have the 5.3 with 315 horsepower. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a tank of gas a couple of times.

GM knows how to build a truck!
By Drum Dawg on 01/01/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been fantastic! I test drove many different vehicles before deciding on the Chevy. My wife and I do lots of research before even going to look at vehicles and really can't believe someone would purchase anything but a Chevy(GMC). The engine (5.3L) is really good on gas and provides loads of horsepower. The ride feels very firm and the truck's standard features are great! My buddy's Ridgeline (that he bought a week before my purchase) is a lesser truck in all areas. He regrets his purchase after riding in mine. I haven't used to roadside assistance but am happy to have it. My advice... Before buying anything else- go drive a Chevy and you will buy it. Best truck ever! This truck is perfect in all areas. Make sure you buy the 5.3 L so you can get great gas mileage and still smoke the tires. Buy the level of truck that you want. The LT1 package was good for me. Rails are a good investment.

I have the 6.0 MAX LS and love it!
By opus on 12/30/08 04:49 AM (PST)

I've only had the 6.0 for a bit over a month and love it! Got the 6.0 trailering package to tow for Moab, but fell in love with the power and comfort! The LT doesn't have the leather and heated seats, washers, etc., of the LTZ, but with a remote start, who really needs that? And for 8 grand more than I paid, I sure don't! Ride is great for a truck, better than most cars! Interior is far superior to Ford or Toyota - which I considered as well. Gas mileage is not that great. I've been averaging around 12-14 for the past month, but my foot is a bit heavy with this new toy! And I don't do much freeway driving yet. Overall, A great vehicle for 15000 under invoice.

Awesome Truck
By phillips61 on 12/06/08 07:55 AM (PST)

This is one great truck, I looked at the Toyota but it was no comparison to the Chevrolet. The styling and handling are great. The LTZ is loaded feels like a Cadillac not a truck. We took it down to Bristol this summer and the mileage was better then expected (22-24mpg). Finally drove it in the snow and the stability control and ABS are great, my wife loves these safety features.

LTZ Z71 Crew Cab
By 3006 on 12/04/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LTZ Z71 Crew Cab is the way to go! So far, I am averaging 17.9mpg with 12k miles of driving in all conditions. I love pretty much everything about this truck and I haven't had to take it in for any warranty work yet! the only thing I can say need improvemnts are the roof height if you get a sunroof. I am 6'2" and sometimes I my head brushes the roof. Annoying as heck. Also, the rear bumper is worthless in the new trucks. I was bumped in the rear left corner. With the old truck, I wouldn't have had any damage at all. However, the bumper on the new truck folded right in and the side panel crushed. $1500 to repair! The lady hardly touched me!

Great truck
By LIZARDGIZZARD on 11/28/08 10:50 AM (PST)

I have owned my 1500 for about a year now and can report only good news. I have had no issues and the truck is very reliable. I purchased the truck with all the goodies to include, 5.3 v- 8 flexfuel, dvd, leather, the works. All still work well, I only wish the 5.3 had a little more power or I should have gotten the 6.0 v-8. But when gas was 4 bucks a gallon I was glad for the 5.3. I only wish I held out for the 6 speed auto. The 4 speed is nicely matched, but there are times when an other gear would greatly help expolite the power of the 5.3.

Great Truck so far
By Pat Patterson on 10/28/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

I traded in my 2005 GMC 2WD Crew which was a great truck. Couldn't resist the rebates and incentives GM was giving on the 08's besides I'd been wanting a 4WD. So far a real nice truck. I've read where the new truck is worlds better than the old but I can't tell it. Both are great handling, comfortable and well built. I wasn't sold on the looks of the 2008 model but its growing on me, especially in Ruby red. The interior is very nice and comfortable and it also has the dual climate zones which we loved in the old truck. The XM radio feature is a nice change and I like knowing OnStar is there for emergencies. My insurance premium went down also.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.