2 years and running!
By TH on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I've had this truck for 2 years now and overall, I'm satisfied. Never really been a Chevy guy, I've always bought imports. My truck before this one was a '06 Titan Crew 4x4. I love the rear doors opening to 170 degrees and the electric side windows. The ride comfort is the best I've experienced in a 4x4 truck. The exterior styling is great. I was expecting better fuel mileage from this truck. The best I've got is 17 MPG. I heard that some people are getting well over 20 MPG. Mines is equipped with the 20" wheel package which may or may not be contributing to my poor fuel mileage. The 4 speed transmission took some getting used to coming from the 5 speed tranny in the Titan.
Favorite Features
170 degree rear door opening, remote start, XM radio, 20" wheels. This is a great looking truck and it has a great ride.
Suggested Improvements
Better quality parts - the door lock actuator quit working on the drivers door. Dealer replaced both door lock actuators under warranty. Could use a 5 speed trans.