Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

$13500 Extended Cab, Best deal ever!
By taohk

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the truck on Jan 5th, 09. Last day of the Red tag price. It has the heavy duty chrome grille with chrome mesh, chrome mirror caps, wheels, door and tailgate handles, carpet with all weather floor mat, cargo management system, window and bug deflector, plus deep tinted glasses and a color matched OEM hard Tonneau cover which made by fiberglass. All the chrome makes the truck looks really sharp. The manager accepted my $15000 offer, then I used $1500 GM cash to bring the price down to $13500. The MSRP was over $26000 included Tonneau cover. The truck is nice, but it would nicer if it has a V8. My co-workers didn't believe the price until they see the receipt. Overall, I am satisfied

Sound system with MP3 is nice. Second row leg room is big compare with other brand. Tonneau cover's design also match with hood. I highly suggest to get a OEM tonneau cover. $8000 rebate plus reg tag price, and $1500 GM card cash reward made a sweet deal. Ride is comfortable and quality is good.

MPG. I only gets about 17MPG.

Good Buy
By Ryan

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted a dependable work or play truck and got exactly what I was looking for. Purchased a 2008 (4.3 / Auto) with LS package (chrome bumpers and wheels), locking rear, keyless, carpet, cruise and A/C for around $13,500 (Original sticker $20,850). I couldn't find a used truck with those features for that kind of price. Getting mileage as promised (17-18 combined) Everything in the engine compartment is easy to access. Very pleased with the truck.

Overall design very reminiscent of other Chevys I have owned (1973, 1993, 1997) But greatly improved. Hard to believe this is the bottom of the line truck.

Maybe factory spray in or even the new composite bed like the Tacomas.

Perfect!
By Tina

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect! I love eveything about it! Fast and great on gas! I get 21 MPG average most of the time. I have the 5.3 with 315 horsepower. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a tank of gas a couple of times.

It's fast and smooth.

None. It's great.

GM knows how to build a truck!
By Drum Dawg

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been fantastic! I test drove many different vehicles before deciding on the Chevy. My wife and I do lots of research before even going to look at vehicles and really can't believe someone would purchase anything but a Chevy(GMC). The engine (5.3L) is really good on gas and provides loads of horsepower. The ride feels very firm and the truck's standard features are great! My buddy's Ridgeline (that he bought a week before my purchase) is a lesser truck in all areas. He regrets his purchase after riding in mine. I haven't used to roadside assistance but am happy to have it. My advice... Before buying anything else- go drive a Chevy and you will buy it. Best truck ever! This truck is perfect in all areas. Make sure you buy the 5.3 L so you can get great gas mileage and still smoke the tires. Buy the level of truck that you want. The LT1 package was good for me. Rails are a good investment.

Gas miser, yet power brute! Firm handling and smooth ride. On Star is great and I love my 20" rims. I still can't believe more people aren't fighting to buy this truck!

None.

I have the 6.0 MAX LS and love it!
By opus

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had the 6.0 for a bit over a month and love it! Got the 6.0 trailering package to tow for Moab, but fell in love with the power and comfort! The LT doesn't have the leather and heated seats, washers, etc., of the LTZ, but with a remote start, who really needs that? And for 8 grand more than I paid, I sure don't! Ride is great for a truck, better than most cars! Interior is far superior to Ford or Toyota - which I considered as well. Gas mileage is not that great. I've been averaging around 12-14 for the past month, but my foot is a bit heavy with this new toy! And I don't do much freeway driving yet. Overall, A great vehicle for 15000 under invoice.

XM, 6.0 MAX, heavy duty axle, fast, fun, comfortable, fast, handles great in snow with the part-time four wheel drive, towing capabilities, ergonomics, storage, tire pressure sensors, OnStar.

EZ-lift tailgate and locking standard on all 1500's. Make rear seat in crew cab fold up from the bottom (like it does now) and then fold down flat for a raised platform to store/carry stuff.