2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Amazing Truck!
By iTAPout on 03/28/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my Z71 extended cab Silverado 2 weeks ago. Coming from a Chevy Equinox, I was used to a car-based SUV feel and didn't particularly like the disconnected steering I found in most trucks and large SUV's. This vehicle handles great, and I don't feel akward driving it.

Could use improvements
By workdude on 03/27/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been is the repair shop a lot over the past 5 months I have owned it. Most of the miles are highway. 12,500 miles. I live down a gravel road so I have had some issues with rock chips, behind the back tries and front. Frame is really built cheap on these pickups, fuel pump has been replaced, starter replaced, The tires seem to wear uneven, fuel mileage is horrible, I get better on my 1 ton truck.

Chevy doing great things
By jim toms on 03/25/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As an owner of Chevrolet trucks all my life, I cannot believe the drastic changes on the new Silverado. I have had mine for over a year now and I absolutely love it. As a commuter of 30 miles to work each way and then recreation. The gas mileage for a full size truck is unrivaled. You can notice a big change when the active fuel management kicks in because the gas gauge will actually rise it is incredible. It is nice to not have to sacrifice power for fuel economy. Seats incredible comfortable and extremely versatile.

Like that truck
By mr norm on 03/22/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Traded an 07 Classic in on this truck. What a difference! Handling, ride, and styling is so much better. It is a 2wd drive equipped with a 4.3 auto w/ 3:23 locking differential (next best thing to a 4wd without the expense & lower gas mileage, gets about 19mpg and goes in the snow pretty well). No, I can't pull stumps or tow a big load, but it serves my purposes well. Very happy with it.

No Advancement
By jpow on 03/15/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My previous 4.3L managed almost 24 mpg on the highway, however my 2008 gets 14 to 15 mpg. I can't roll the window down with a container in the drink holder, this appears typical as I am finding more and more ergonomic issues e.g. try getting the jack out of a standard cab. I installed mud flaps over the weekend an noticed how easily the rear fenders flexed. I crawled under the truck and took a closer look at build quality; and it appears that I am the victim of excessive cost cutting. When compared with my previous GM pickups my 2008 is really a disappointment.

4500 Awsome Miles and Counting
By dbragg on 03/13/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is an absolute pleasure to drive. The 5.3L engine is strong although the transmission shifts could be tighter. The handling is more car than truck like. We've had a rough winter in the northeast but the Silverado handled the snow and ice with out a problem. Fuel mileage is 18.5mpg on the highway and 14 to 15mpg in town, but I knew what I was getting when I went with the 5.3L engine. The build quality on this truck is second to none.

5.3 = more go, same flow
By Foony on 03/08/08 00:24 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Like another revewer here, I also traded in my '05 for the '08. They are two entirely different trucks. I loved my '05 but missed it for about 3 seconds after I drove the new one off the lot. Chevy went back to the drawing board with this one. It is a serioulsy great truck. Looks great, handles great. If you plan on carying any kind of load, I would strongly recommend the 5.3 liter. (I never tried the baby 6 cylinder) With a lumber rack, Camper shell, and full of tools, I can still get upto and maintain highway speeds like it was empty. (and about the same mileage)

Great truck, bad MPG
By Matt on 03/05/08 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2008 LT1 LT 1500 Z71 XCAB long bed. This is a replacement for the same truck but a 2002. I love this truck, plenty of power, very comfortable, nice options. I call it the contractor's Cadillac, the ride is awesome for a long bed extended cab truck. So far just a few small gliches at 2800 miles. Fit and finish is very nice.

Great truck bad mpg
By Rich on 02/08/08 17:35 PM (PST)

Great truck, comfortable ride, plenty of power. Although, unlike my last 2005 Silverado & 2003 Sliverado with the same 5.3L engine without active fuel management that got 20-22mpg hwy, this truck is only getting 13-14mpg hwy. Active fuel management doesn't really seem to work.

Wow!
By mike on 01/29/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I owned 4 of the old body style Silverado and thought they were nice driving trucks but the new 2008...nice truck! It drives 100% better than the one it replaces and the seats are much more comfortable. I have the 5.3, the power is there and from what I can tell the active fuel management will help with the gas mileage. If you drive this truck you will buy it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.