2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Truck for us in no man's land
By Cobb on 05/30/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Where I live you need a truck you can count on, Wyoming. Unlike most states you can drive for hours and not see a town or even a person. You don't want to be stranded. Cell phone coverage is spotty at best and you need reliability. OnStar. This truck has taken a beating and has never looked back. It's comfortable even though you are going over some of the roughest roads. Fully loaded or not great truck for the snow flying months. This truck was built for the heavest of jobs and the most roughest conditions. I never was a Chevy man but know I will only buy Chevy's.

Like a Rock
By Andy on 05/27/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. Extremely quiet interior and very comfortable. It is a pleasure to drive. Stereo sounds great.

1st new truck purchase
By Brandon on 04/17/08 03:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first truck I have purchased new. Totally enjoy the truck so far (3500 miles). I did have a leak in the front trasfer case, took it in and they found nothing. It hasn't leaked since. Looked like a seal was leaking. The only complaint I have is something I have seen on here, the cloth seats need constant removal of lint and seat shedding. Didn't know if this was due to "new" seats or if this will be a constant battle. Maybe should have spent the extra money for leather. Other than that it is an awesome truck, get lots of looks and compliments. Added a soft bed cover, spray in liner and chrome door handles. Back in black and lovin ever minute of it. Like a rock!

2008 Silverado
By Jacob on 04/15/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I initially got into an accident and totalled a fully loaded Tahoe. I put 96,000 problem-free miles on the Tahoe prior to it becoming a total loss. I never considered happiness could be had in a pick-up truck until the rental company put me in a crew cab Silverado for 30 days. I had to have one. The vehicle drives very smooth and due to the fuel management change from 8 to 4 cylinders on the highway, the improvement in gas mileage is very welcome.

Excellent Truck!
By Paulboy on 04/15/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love my truck! Used to have a car but driven right my truck gets the same mileage! I get about 20.5 mpg on highway, set the cruise at 65 and it'll stay in 4 cyl mode all day long! Z71 supension and tires are a must! I've been off roading a bunch of times and I've never even been close to getting stuck! Great looking truck except for those scratches now!

2008 Silverado
By David on 04/13/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have the LS regular cab with 4.8 V8 and am pleased with the truck. It has excellent pickup, is quiet, and is quality built inside and out. Very impressed, owned a F150 previously and this truck beats it in every significant category.

Good Truck
By Jim Pettersen on 04/13/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice ride, very comfortable, quiet truck. My only issues are small ones. The 20" factory tires rub on the GM mudflaps when you turn sharp, the dealer tells me there is nothing more they can do. Some of the double faced tape that holds the body side moldings to the doors was too long and I had to trim off. I have to agree with some of the other reviews that the active fuel management system seems to be a joke. I just returned from a 3600 mile trip and averaged 18 mpg. My 2006 Silverado with 3:42 gears averaged 19 on the same route. Overall I do not believe there is an truck that compares to the 2008 Silverado.

Standard box does not align with cab
By roscoe on 04/08/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the handling and performance. It is a sharp truck; sits up high unlike any of the past GM trucks that I have owned. The V6 has plenty of power and the interior is stylish and comfortable. The only thing that I can find troubling is the way the box does not line up to the cab the same on each side. It seems the box is build slightly crooked. I have checked several other new trucks and they are all the same. I would love to hear if anyone else has noticed this imperfection. Other than this I think Chevy has hit a home-run.

08 ext cab 5.3 Z71
By Doc on 03/29/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

All in all, a much improved truck from my '04 Z71 ext. cab Silverado. The ride is great, handling is much better. My first road trip averaged 18 MPG. Hopefully it will get better as it breaks in. Chevy did away with the "plug & play" trailer brake controller harness. You'll find the wire bundle under the dash, plus 2 taped wires under the hood that have to be connected, plus an added fuse to buy. My biggest complaint: The doors lock automatically, either when shifting or at a factory set speed. There is no way to disable the auto locks. #2 is the required use of the keyless remote. Unlocking the driver's door with the key sets off the alarm. No way to change this either, I'm told.

Bigger and Better
By sorin serban on 03/28/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

I have been a chevy truck owner for over 30 years. This has hands down been the best truck I have ever owned. I still cannot believe that I am getting an average of 22 mpg on the highway, with the active fuel management. Not to mention the versatility of the back doors opening 170 degrees makes getting the kids in and out a snap. I love the power when I am hauling my boat to the lake it feels like I'm not hauling anything at all. GM went above and beyond this time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.