Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

After 1 year and 25000 miles
By Mole man

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

After my first year in the new Silverado I can say I am very pleased. As this is a business truck and I spend a lot of time in it. the ride is fantastic. The 4x4 can't be beat. Great interior although it is lacking in cup holders and storage space. Only one problem so far and that is the stereo. Once the Serious radio was turned off I noticed the radio volume fluctuates horribly as the radio struggles to pick up the digital radio transmission. This is not due to the auto volume adjust option. Just poor radio design. It is so bad that if I don't have a CD to listen to, the radio is turned off. Wished it had a non-satellite radio. Back to dealership 3x on this issue.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio. 5 or 6 speed tranny. Better fuel economy.

Beats Dodge hands down.
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The only negative comment i have about my 2008 silverado is that the front end of the truck has very little ground clearance for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I bought a new dodge ram in 1999 and the chevrolet is far superior in quality.

Favorite Features

Power and fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ground clearance.

Happy with my truck!
By Bowtie

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little disappointed in the fact that I have serious lack of options on this model, but after comparing other crew cab trucks for the same price I realize I have more. The Dodge Ram would have been my other choice, but I have some full sized kids to tote along with other work related items. Performance is decent the engine responds well in a pinch. The ride is smooth, only second to the Ford F-150 (and I've test driven all the competition). I've put 2500 miles on it in 2 weeks...and I have filled it up no less than 10 times...so the gas mileage stinks, but hey...it's a truck!

Favorite Features

I soooo need the interior space and the price was great! I use every inch of this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had better gas mileage and more compartment space. Also, I haven't yet gotten used to parking this big behemoth due to a the view over the front right corner. I'll get it together soon though.

GM -Finally- got it right - For Now
By Old Red

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've every seen in my 62 years. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've every been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

Favorite Features

Great quality of manufacture, smooth ride, very comfortably. 6.0 VMax engine has great power for pulling some pretty good loads up Casper Mountain switchbacks. After 1 3/4 years of fairly hard use, I have found NO defects, NONE. Including Japanese it is the best quality 1/2 ton pickup I have drive

Suggested Improvements

It has a 4 speed auto. A 6 speed would match up a lot better to the 6.0 367hp engine power band. Sadly I won't be buying another GM product, because I just can't image a government/labor union owned manufacturer ever being able to turn out vehicles with any kind of quality.

Must have been built on a holiday
By cac4

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck used with 17 k on it. In the 5 month I have had it it has been to the dlr 5 times and monday is #6. Trans leak,main seal,body molds,mpg,u-joints. It now only has 26k. I also am only getting 15 mpg. I love gm and must have just got a lemon.

Favorite Features

Looks great, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality for the trucks.