Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

A tad disapointed in this one
By Jim

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice design of the new body style. Very comfortable as well. But, why oh why has GM made the 1/2 ton trucks so low to the ground. Had to put a 2.5" leveling kit in the front to take that nose dive out of the front end. Also, they made a change in the steering that is way too responsive. The slightest little movement and you're going off into the next lane which does get very scarry with any hiway traffic. They put the radio controls a little out of reach so changing the station on the radio has become a frightening situation. The old steering response in my 2002 2500HD was great and a more relaxing drive. Now it's more of a stressed drive than before. Why can't a good thing be left alone.

Favorite Features

The 5.3 is a very peppy engine and the fuel economy is not as good as GM boasts but 17 combined in a pickup truck I can't complain about.

Suggested Improvements

Stop messing with a good thing. Bring back the height that we guys look for in a "truck" and stop trying to make a truck drive like a Ferrari

so far, GREAT TRUCK!!
By Anderson

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

More power & gearsI live in MN. I have the Z71 off road. Been a great truck during the winter and summer. This is my first new truck. I love it. I am getting about 18 to 20 MPG on highway. New style black truck with 18" rims looks very sharp. The fuel mgmt does help but doesnt seem to stay in 4cyl for very long even on strait level areas. Truck drives and handles very nice. Kind of tough to park in tight areas but thats to be expected with a truck. Quiet smooth ride. I have used the remote start and it is great. My only complaint about that is that it shuts off after 10 minutes. Should be at least 15 minutes for a MN winter to defrost windows and heat truck up.

Favorite Features

Auto 4WD, MP3 plug, 170 degree rear doors, power windows on rear doors, OnStar with free phone minutes, steering wheel controls, remote start, remote locks, 18" wheels, dual climate controls, dash layout, very spacious cab, satellite radio, power seat, heated mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Different seat fabric. They are very comfy but they grab onto lint and hair like my wife grabs onto my wallet. Better fuel mgmt technology. Longer remote start time.

Like a Rock
By Andy

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. Extremely quiet interior and very comfortable. It is a pleasure to drive. Stereo sounds great.

Favorite Features

Quiet interior, XM radio, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

The cloth seats seem to be made of the same fabric as a lint brush.

4500 Awsome Miles and Counting
By dbragg

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is an absolute pleasure to drive. The 5.3L engine is strong although the transmission shifts could be tighter. The handling is more car than truck like. We've had a rough winter in the northeast but the Silverado handled the snow and ice with out a problem. Fuel mileage is 18.5mpg on the highway and 14 to 15mpg in town, but I knew what I was getting when I went with the 5.3L engine. The build quality on this truck is second to none.

Favorite Features

Looks. I have the Z-71 in black with RWL BF Goodrich tires on 18 in. aluminum wheels . The interior is also way too nice for a truck, but I'll take it. XM radio, remote starter.

Suggested Improvements

None

1/2 ton Long Bed Alright, Alright, Alright
By Spotted123

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

New truck, no problems, 5.3 is strong, shifts smooth, rides great, looks good. Very happy with the 2008 1500 LT1!

Favorite Features

Smooth,quiet ride and awesome looks

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the rear spring pack a little.