Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2008 5.3L Z71 Regular Cab LT1
By MiYow

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Regular Cab Z71, 5.3L V8, Flex Fuel and AFM, 3.42 gears and all of the interior trimmings you can get. I got an amazing deal, $7500 cash back! I cannot even begin to explain how great this truck is. I love it! It's so sharp and the drive is so smooth and turning radius is very tight. I am so glad that I bought this truck. The secret to the AFM is to use the V8 to get to your speed (55 to 65 is the "sweet spot"), let off the gas slightly until the V4 kicks in then gently back on the gas and hold it to the next hill and repeat. You will see that you maintain the same speed and get 40+ MPG expressway. Learn when to get off it.

This whole truck is just beautiful. I love all of the LT1 Convenience features like the steering wheel controls, the remote starter, under seat storage, playing with the AFM, it's huge inside too for 2 door. I am learning how to be gingerly, she's very touchy - brakes, gas pedal, steering, be easy.

The rear end breaks loose so easy that I am a little scared of pulling out too fast. You get better MPG if you go to your speed and then let off, instead of trying to be slow like a grandpa (it stays in V8 if you grandpa it = bad). I think my rear wheels need to be balanced, pretty wobbly at 20 MPH!