2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Trans
By squekie on 03/31/14 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2008 Trans went out after 125,000 whats up with that GM ?

Great Truck!
By MikeCmfrt on 08/13/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

I love my Chevy truck! I grew up on a farm where a truck was a piece of equipment, not a fancy car. I don't want heated leather seats or anything else that screams luxury! I bought a regular cab work truck, installed some nice 20 inch wheels and tires, tinted the windows and then I did nothing except drive it, haul stuff, tow trailers and use it for its intended purpose. This is a truck and it does its job well. I haven't done any maintenance except change the oil and rotate the tires. The 4.8 V8 has plenty of power for normal towing and driving. It's just personal preference, but I like the look of the Chevy better than the alternatives.

2008 chevy silverado
By kstyle on 01/09/10 08:12 AM (PST)

After have this truck for a year and with over 11k on the truck the mpg has not improved. I am at best getting 15 mpg and I am light on the foot. I thought this would be a great truck but I just feel that chevy is too cheap to redesign the transmission and adding more power to the engine.

update on a great truck
By jpr on 10/13/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

I posted here previously, and now have 2 years on the truck. Only problem was a rattle in exhaust that happened in cold weather. GM replaced the converter and back tailpipe, the best warranty experience I have had. Leer canopy did not increase mileage, but still getting around 20 mpg highway, 18 town. General Ameritrac tires are poor at best. Drove truck on Alcan highway with full load, and it performed great. Love the steering and suspension even on a full load with 55mph tundra waves. Need posi-traction on slick surfaces such as snow, rain or loose gravel. Get it on the 2WD. Overall, this is the best truck I have owned. A great value.

Good Buy
By Ryan on 01/12/09 11:01 AM (PST)

Wanted a dependable work or play truck and got exactly what I was looking for. Purchased a 2008 (4.3 / Auto) with LS package (chrome bumpers and wheels), locking rear, keyless, carpet, cruise and A/C for around $13,500 (Original sticker $20,850). I couldn't find a used truck with those features for that kind of price. Getting mileage as promised (17-18 combined) Everything in the engine compartment is easy to access. Very pleased with the truck.

I traded a Saturn for this beast
By kstyle on 11/29/08 04:14 AM (PST)

I have 700 miles on this truck and so far I love it. Great quality and gets the job done. Gas kinda stinks on it right now but it is a new engine and when it breaks in I'm sure it will be better. I considered a Titan but the price was right on this one.

Fun truck
By LFD54 on 11/15/08 18:43 PM (PST)

Now with gas prices falling, I went out on a limb and bought a full size. I love the ride, especially the lack of road noise. The gas mileage could be better, but the Silverado is doing better than the others. After recently owning a 2000 Dodge 1500 and a 2003 Ford F150, this Silverado has everything in a much better package. The tranny, throttle and braking are a bit touchy, so something I need to get used to.

None better for the money
By jpr2 on 06/26/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

This is my 6th truck, and it is by far the best. Plenty of power for a 6 cyl and the mileage is fair too. I avg. 18+ in town, and get a bit over 20 on the hwy (3.23 gears). I wish the highway was better, but just put a Leer canopy (Legend-100) on and hope the highway mpg improves. The canopy increased the wind noise, which is unusual. The truck had been the quietest I have driven. The steering is absolutely the best, and the tranny shifts smoothly when warmed up. The suspension is like no other, and does not skip around "bumpy" turns, but hugs the road. OnStar and XM radio are great, although the rear speakers are weak at best. My box seems to fit fine, although slanted up.

Standard box does not align with cab
By roscoe on 04/08/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

I love the handling and performance. It is a sharp truck; sits up high unlike any of the past GM trucks that I have owned. The V6 has plenty of power and the interior is stylish and comfortable. The only thing that I can find troubling is the way the box does not line up to the cab the same on each side. It seems the box is build slightly crooked. I have checked several other new trucks and they are all the same. I would love to hear if anyone else has noticed this imperfection. Other than this I think Chevy has hit a home-run.

Like that truck
By mr norm on 03/22/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

Traded an 07 Classic in on this truck. What a difference! Handling, ride, and styling is so much better. It is a 2wd drive equipped with a 4.3 auto w/ 3:23 locking differential (next best thing to a 4wd without the expense & lower gas mileage, gets about 19mpg and goes in the snow pretty well). No, I can't pull stumps or tow a big load, but it serves my purposes well. Very happy with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.