2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2008 Chevrolet Silverado Reg Cab Work Truck 4.8L
By 11johnathan11 on 05/30/14 18:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 5 years and have 45000 miles on it. It has had excellent reliability. I'm still on the original tires. I will replace them around 50000 as they will need it. The only thing I have needed to do was change the front brakes on the truck around 18000 miles and I had to take the truck to the dealer around the 2.8 year mark when the pass door lock stopped working. Apparently this is common because there was another (2007-2012 Chevy Silverado 1500) owner in front of me getting the same pass door lock replaced. Also I had to add some coolant around the 1.5 year mark because in traffic it would start getting warmer as in not in the middle of the gauge where the temp is supposed to be.

Trans
By squekie on 03/31/14 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2008 Trans went out after 125,000 whats up with that GM ?

Silverado full of promblems......
By 2008xgmman on 06/05/12 17:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

bought new gm truck cause, thought they were the best... was i wrong..i will try to list the many defects. and there is many i will probably forget on or two.. first the day i bought new and drove home the hub caps feel off.. nice right.... one month and less than 8000 miles had to have trans work. and after that the seat recliner lever broke and was fixed and it broke again..junk right..dont ever buy on with on board tire pressure monitor. when that goes out the sensors are over $100.00 and you have to have the tire taking off the rim. more cost...and i still goes off evertime you start the vehicle. worst off the bolts fell out of the exshaust manifold and damaged the heads,

Problems...
By d04 on 03/28/12 08:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had numerous problems with our 2008 Chevy Silverado that we purchased new and has low miles. One of the problems is power lock failure. Recently the passenger side quit working, but since we are out of our warranty, GM would not cover the cost. However, after speaking with several people from GM I found that they will do a voluntary recall if they get enough complaints from the consumer about this issue. Even if you have already paid to have this problem fixed in the past, please call 866-790-5600 [non-permissible content removed] to let them know of the problem and maybe we can get them to do the voluntary recall so consumers can get reimbursed for the repair costs.

Great Truck!
By MikeCmfrt on 08/13/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

I love my Chevy truck! I grew up on a farm where a truck was a piece of equipment, not a fancy car. I don't want heated leather seats or anything else that screams luxury! I bought a regular cab work truck, installed some nice 20 inch wheels and tires, tinted the windows and then I did nothing except drive it, haul stuff, tow trailers and use it for its intended purpose. This is a truck and it does its job well. I haven't done any maintenance except change the oil and rotate the tires. The 4.8 V8 has plenty of power for normal towing and driving. It's just personal preference, but I like the look of the Chevy better than the alternatives.

Great Garage Queen
By prsncat on 04/29/10 21:37 PM (PDT)

Parked it when gas reached $4/gal. due to poor gas mileage. Love the way it drives now that it has an ARE shell (weight on the tail helps). Great for towing. Always reliable - no problems whatsoever. Cloth seat material is a PITA -- I put Wet Okole seat covers in the first month. It didn't hold its value -- I tried selling for $12.5K and didn't get a single call. I will resume driving it daily when the Honda Civic lease ends.

2008 chevy silverado
By kstyle on 01/09/10 08:12 AM (PST)

After have this truck for a year and with over 11k on the truck the mpg has not improved. I am at best getting 15 mpg and I am light on the foot. I thought this would be a great truck but I just feel that chevy is too cheap to redesign the transmission and adding more power to the engine.

everything i expected!
By dtown on 11/21/09 15:17 PM (PST)

After owning this truck for a year and a half now, I am even more impressed. If you could close your eyes while driving you would not even know you were in a truck. It is so comfortable to drive, even for long distance trips. I have back problems and have had no problems when driving this truck. A little extra lumbar support would be Nice. What they have helps but it could be better. I love the interior except I would have liked more cup holders like everyone else. The stock tires tend to spin on wet roads and I plan on buying better tires when I can afford to. Had a couple if interior noises. Onstar is awesome. 18-21 mpg. I find onstar monthly reports to be helpful. Over all I am very happy.

Fixed What I Didn't Like
By ktn on 11/15/09 21:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an '08 Silverado 4x4 with the 4.8 V8 in January '09 when Chevy couldn't give a truck away. Got a great price. Overall love the truck, except the front clearance for a 4x4. Cracked the license plate frame the first week crossing a frozen creek. Ended up adding a 4 inch Rancho lift and it handles even better with a better ride and turning radius. The approach and departure angles along with articulation is infinitely better. Highly recommended if you are actually going to take it off road. I got 21-22 MPG on the highway before the lift and adding 33 inch mud tires. Now about 18, still great for what it is. Stock tires were useless offroad. Other complaint: stock skid plates are plastic.

update on a great truck
By jpr on 10/13/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

I posted here previously, and now have 2 years on the truck. Only problem was a rattle in exhaust that happened in cold weather. GM replaced the converter and back tailpipe, the best warranty experience I have had. Leer canopy did not increase mileage, but still getting around 20 mpg highway, 18 town. General Ameritrac tires are poor at best. Drove truck on Alcan highway with full load, and it performed great. Love the steering and suspension even on a full load with 55mph tundra waves. Need posi-traction on slick surfaces such as snow, rain or loose gravel. Get it on the 2WD. Overall, this is the best truck I have owned. A great value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.