Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy runs deep in repairs
By dlra

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hello all! First off this truck is not what the dealer told us it was. We purschased it new. Run good when we first got it. Truck has been in the shop for more then 3 repairs. Chattering in the front dashboard, door locks have been not locking, the drivers door cable broken in side of it in order to open it. The check engine light has just came on as my dad left work today. The truck is about 100 miles overdue for a oil change but that shouldnt be the problem considering it has 79% oil life left. We have the 4 door version which is very nice for trips and fits us well. My dad has had enough of this truck. and will never buy chevy again. GM has lost alot of customers on this truck!!!

Suggested Improvements

Simple as this, use bolts and not plastic clips. Bulid the truck better. You lost alot of customers due to this truck. better make a better one on 2013

Truck
By Strick

Great truck all around. Def gas mileage upgrade to my 05 Hemi. Looks interior and exterior are awesome. Lots of great features. Remote start. All kinds of bells and whistles. Only one problem a little thing called a driveline clunk. Such a new problem on a new truck dealership didn't know what to do initially. But now its fixed. Other than that couldn't ask for more. The back doors are sick due to the 180 opening. back windows roll down. Chevrolet def made some up grades.

Favorite Features

Remote start. Rear window roll down. Storage compartments everywhere. from 8 to 4 cylinders. Cargo management system. extremely smart truck

Suggested Improvements

N/A

Well designed and improved
By jb

I'm going into my third year of this vehicle and I am mostly impressed. The build quality is better than many of the foreign trucks for the first time ever, and a huge step up over previous models. Gas mileage for me has been about 15.5mpg with mostly city driving and a lot of 4wd in the winter. Other than a fender bender which caused no body damage other than the PLASTIC flashing below the bumper that was easy to remove, I've had no mechanical issues. The cloth seats are comfortable but collect lint like mad and already are falling apart at the seams. The ride is great though, and the back seats easily fit my 3 kids on 6 hour fishing trips without a problem

Favorite Features

Ride quality is great, and build quality, especially fit and finish is great for a non-import. I added dual exhaust and a K&M CAI for fun, the interior is still pretty quiet even with the exhaust. Utility is great for hauling and fishing. and she has handled the crazy snows this year with ease.

Suggested Improvements

Lots. gas mileage is horrible and it should have more than 4-speed. Cloth seats are comfy but already showing wear. MOST IMPORTANT: this truck has the turning radius of an 18 wheeler. I've driven bigger trucks that turn better. I got parked in, at a lot where most trucks would have no probs

Love this truck!
By GLG3

I am very impressed with not only the look of this truck, but the way it performs. I've only had it a few weeks and had many compliments on it. This could be the best truck purchase I have ever made.

Favorite Features

The back doors on the extended cabs open 180 degrees. This is very convenient for people with children. The load management system is nice also.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure there is room for improvement, but I can't think of anything right now.

Best Silverado Yet.
By txreaction

I have owned three Silverados so far..1995, 2000, 2004SS, and my new 2008 is far superior. The options that are available are excellent. I opted for the extended cab LT2 package with the Texas Edition upgrade which includes fog lights, special 20" rims, and cargo management system. Stickered for $33,000. Out the door with gap insurance and extended warranty I paid $23,480. Thanks to employee pricing of course. If you have your doubts, just test drive one...there is a reason people refer to the Silverado as the Cadillac of trucks.

Favorite Features

Integrated trailer brake controller, power sliding rear window, fuel management system, super comfortable. Cargo Management System is a must. Great looks!

Suggested Improvements

Get a lint brush, seat material grabs alot of stuff. Other than that, everything is great.