Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy rocks!
By Lee Fowler

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a friend whom had a older Silverado and put over 500,000 miles, his current is 07 Silverado ands has over 300,000 miles. @325,000 the transmission was replaced. . He has some oil issue's. I personally have 08 Silverado with 81,000, only issue. . Actuator driver door.. keep it up Chevy !

Quality Issues
By 08ltxafret

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

08 LTZ, 48K miles dash is cracked, door lock actuators working intermitently, interior chrome handles chipping, exterior door handle paint pealing off, interior paint chipping from steering wheel and a/c instrument panel. Under warrenty both d/p window channels replaced due to window squeaking (4 trips to dealer), rear tail light assembly replaced due to moisture (2 trips), carpet under brake/gas pedal comming loose (5 trips), p door lock actuator bad (2 trips). Exterior paint is scracthed with the most minor rub.

Improve overall quality of ineterior/exterior parts Improve exterior paint - needs to be more resiliant to minor scratches

Not exactly what I expected it to be.
By onesix

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck slightly used in the summer of '09 with 22K on the dash. I have 86K now. Last summer at 65K my transmission went out on me. And my only indicator was that at highway speeds the RPM's would jump up about 1500 and back down speratically for about a week before it locked up on me on the service road of a busy freeway. Had to drive it in reverse half a mile to a gas station to park it. Also, there have been electrical issues with the drivers side lock not locking when I press the remote and window switches not working. Oh, and I'm on my 2nd battery already. Can't figure that one out. Stabilitrak disengages at times. Looking to get out of it already.

Ride comfort is tremendous...maybe the smoothest riding truck on the road. Electrical issues in the first 2 years of driving the vehicle.

Better equipment, and better gas mileage. Yes, I know it's a truck, but I still expect more. I'm filing up the tank about once every 2-3 days it seems.

RPM Change while driving/Idle Change...?
By jaxarmyguy59

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy dealer said that this was "Normal an that it was the alternator" kicking in. The truck while driving at any/every speed will idle up an then back down about 100 RPM's. I have put duel flowmaster exaust on it and now this is undeniable. You can also feel it in the truck itself when it kicks in almost every 30 seconds or so. Im pissed! I payed alot for this truck, and work hard for my money. I hate beign lied to an I feel like that is just what Chevy did! Do any of you guys know what this might be, or what it sounds like? Thanks for the help, -Jon

Chevy runs deep in repairs
By dlra

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hello all! First off this truck is not what the dealer told us it was. We purschased it new. Run good when we first got it. Truck has been in the shop for more then 3 repairs. Chattering in the front dashboard, door locks have been not locking, the drivers door cable broken in side of it in order to open it. The check engine light has just came on as my dad left work today. The truck is about 100 miles overdue for a oil change but that shouldnt be the problem considering it has 79% oil life left. We have the 4 door version which is very nice for trips and fits us well. My dad has had enough of this truck. and will never buy chevy again. GM has lost alot of customers on this truck!!!

Simple as this, use bolts and not plastic clips. Bulid the truck better. You lost alot of customers due to this truck. better make a better one on 2013