Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love it but slightly sketchy
By KoNaGuRl

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck sight unseen except for pictures sent via email. I love it but i'm noticing some issues someonelse previously wrote about with the thud noise in the differential. I've also noticed a delay in acceleration. No longer have dealerships here on island and i've also been told those are normal??? Anyone experienced these things and if so...normal????

Favorite Features

I love the fact it's a BIG truck. Love everything except those "normal" things i mentioned. Sound system, onstar, storage all great.

Suggested Improvements

hmmm...can't think of anything.

Still running great and smooth
By billboo80

I was a little worried about the tires that came with it, but they held up surprisingly well a year later. Leather seating and comfort allows us to take lengthy trips exceeding 6 -9 hours without aches/pains.Initial flapping noise at 60 mph was found to be front windshield plastic trim. We got it replaced. Oh yeah, there is this little thing called GM driveline lash, where there is slop in the differential, between the ring and pinion gears, so you hear a clunk when starting forward after a stop. GM says its normal...I'll keep checking.

Favorite Features

Cab allows full view over the hood. 5.3L engine has good power and acceleration. Towed a 5000 lb trailer and felt no engine strain in the slightest. Low road noise, so I could carry on a nice conversation. Dual zone AC is NICE!!

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the spline and pinion gear assembly to take care of that clunking effect.

GM knows how to build a truck!
By Drum Dawg

This truck has been fantastic! I test drove many different vehicles before deciding on the Chevy. My wife and I do lots of research before even going to look at vehicles and really can't believe someone would purchase anything but a Chevy(GMC). The engine (5.3L) is really good on gas and provides loads of horsepower. The ride feels very firm and the truck's standard features are great! My buddy's Ridgeline (that he bought a week before my purchase) is a lesser truck in all areas. He regrets his purchase after riding in mine. I haven't used to roadside assistance but am happy to have it. My advice... Before buying anything else- go drive a Chevy and you will buy it. Best truck ever! This truck is perfect in all areas. Make sure you buy the 5.3 L so you can get great gas mileage and still smoke the tires. Buy the level of truck that you want. The LT1 package was good for me. Rails are a good investment.

Favorite Features

Gas miser, yet power brute! Firm handling and smooth ride. On Star is great and I love my 20" rims. I still can't believe more people aren't fighting to buy this truck!

Suggested Improvements

None.

I've had them all
By Brian

I have owned several Fords and just traded a 2004 Ram hemi for the Silverado. Very happy so far, averaging 19.1 mpg after the 1st 1K miles. Not sure what took me so long to get the Silverado. I bought the 2 wheel drive model due to all of the hiway I drive. Everyone thinks it looks like a 4 wheel drive. It came with traction control, should be fine in winter.

Favorite Features

Convenience package, XM radio, driver info center

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any yet.