2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Issue after issue
By waschevguy on 02/03/14 09:49 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have to many issues. @ 40,000 miles went through a set of lower ball joints, 45,000 ran out of oil, 55,000 lost a bearing in the font end. GM made me pay $100 for the ball joints. GM replaced deflector plate to prevent from running oil, GM replaced the bearing. I have stock wheel and tires nothing special. Now have 80'000 and going through oil again, the passenger window does not go down. The dealer put on a oil consumption plan and last time over 900 miles it went through 2 quarts. I'm thinking about calling GM, does any one have any suggestions or ideas. My truck is almost paid off and I don't really want to start over.

Nice but awefull interior
By tjdayney on 08/20/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I got a great deal with 0% apr. The thing I did not notice when new was how bad the interior seat fabric and dash material is. everything sticks to the fabric like velcro. it so almost impossible to get hair off and any dust just stick like crazy to the dash. it looks nice when it is clean but as soon as you sit in it it gets dirty. Drive train and mechanical functions are all good so far. the only problem I am having is the door handle is loose and the dealer could not fix it.

LTZ Z71 Crew Cab
By 3006 on 12/04/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LTZ Z71 Crew Cab is the way to go! So far, I am averaging 17.9mpg with 12k miles of driving in all conditions. I love pretty much everything about this truck and I haven't had to take it in for any warranty work yet! the only thing I can say need improvemnts are the roof height if you get a sunroof. I am 6'2" and sometimes I my head brushes the roof. Annoying as heck. Also, the rear bumper is worthless in the new trucks. I was bumped in the rear left corner. With the old truck, I wouldn't have had any damage at all. However, the bumper on the new truck folded right in and the side panel crushed. $1500 to repair! The lady hardly touched me!

Great Truck
By wade on 06/23/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well my wife likes driving my Chevy Truck more than her 07 Saturn Vue. The comfort level is remarkable, were as you know that you are diving a truck, after 2 or 3 hundred miles you don't feel beat up from the drive. Its a Truck that drives like a car. I test drove Ford trucks #1 because they cost less and felt like I had been driving a truck after just a short time.

Good Truck
By Jim Pettersen on 04/13/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice ride, very comfortable, quiet truck. My only issues are small ones. The 20" factory tires rub on the GM mudflaps when you turn sharp, the dealer tells me there is nothing more they can do. Some of the double faced tape that holds the body side moldings to the doors was too long and I had to trim off. I have to agree with some of the other reviews that the active fuel management system seems to be a joke. I just returned from a 3600 mile trip and averaged 18 mpg. My 2006 Silverado with 3:42 gears averaged 19 on the same route. Overall I do not believe there is an truck that compares to the 2008 Silverado.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.