2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Devastatingly Disappointed
By mmc601 on 11/29/12 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Decided on my first Chevy after my dad's '93 has over 470,000 miles. Even the original door lock activators still work. I bought my '08 Chevy with 37,000 miles in 2010. Now, dashboard is cracked, vent selenoid went bad, and driver side door lock actuators front and back are bad. Further research has revealed that these problems are COMMONPLACE for this model. Seems that the '08 model is a huge debacle. After learning this, I will try to dump it. What a huge disappointment!!!

A REAL review of the Chevy Silverado
By afmatt212 on 04/01/12 23:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First off i have to address some of the reviews on the silverado. I keep reading reviews that say things like " transmission sucks" and "truck wont last over 60k!!" really people!?! I am a aircraft mechanic and have a long understanding of how engines and machines run. I own a 2008 chevy 1500 Z71 and have had ZERO issues with the vehicle, and you know why? Its simple.. buy a service manual and follow the maintance schedule!!! Change fluids and insert some grease here and there and i can almost promise you will have zero maintance failures! I love how people think you can just drive a truck into the ground and it will last. Now on to the details about my chevy!

Fun To Drive Truck
By PaulS on 07/18/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, by far much better that the 2006 2500 HD 4WD gas guzzling machine I traded in. Not sure what the active fuel management is, however after the purchase process on the long journey home over a 100 miles this baby got alittle over 18MPG compared to the 13 mpg the 2006 Chevy. This truck is much more quieter and much more fun to drive. Smooth acceleration quick to stop. This is by far the best truck Chevy has ever put out.

New, Fun Silverado
By Ric Gleason on 07/18/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far, so good. No issues what-so-ever. The mileage is not great, but it is a truck so I'm not upset at all. The 5.3 is plenty for my applications, but I do think a 6 speed tranny would be better. The Crew Cab layout is great. I narrowed my selection to the Silverado and the Tundra. After driving both, I chose the Silverado. No regrets at all. Overall it's a very nice truck.

Great truck
By mxboy614 on 10/23/07 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven this truck everywhere. I race motocross for a living so it has gone all across the country and never let me down. I also tow a 22ft enclosed trailer with me for races and the truck never lets me down. Always has enough power to tow up hills.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.