2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy runs deep in repairs
By dlra on 09/07/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hello all! First off this truck is not what the dealer told us it was. We purschased it new. Run good when we first got it. Truck has been in the shop for more then 3 repairs. Chattering in the front dashboard, door locks have been not locking, the drivers door cable broken in side of it in order to open it. The check engine light has just came on as my dad left work today. The truck is about 100 miles overdue for a oil change but that shouldnt be the problem considering it has 79% oil life left. We have the 4 door version which is very nice for trips and fits us well. My dad has had enough of this truck. and will never buy chevy again. GM has lost alot of customers on this truck!!!

Truck
By Strick on 03/27/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck all around. Def gas mileage upgrade to my 05 Hemi. Looks interior and exterior are awesome. Lots of great features. Remote start. All kinds of bells and whistles. Only one problem a little thing called a driveline clunk. Such a new problem on a new truck dealership didn't know what to do initially. But now its fixed. Other than that couldn't ask for more. The back doors are sick due to the 180 opening. back windows roll down. Chevrolet def made some up grades.

Well designed and improved
By jb on 03/03/10 21:57 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm going into my third year of this vehicle and I am mostly impressed. The build quality is better than many of the foreign trucks for the first time ever, and a huge step up over previous models. Gas mileage for me has been about 15.5mpg with mostly city driving and a lot of 4wd in the winter. Other than a fender bender which caused no body damage other than the PLASTIC flashing below the bumper that was easy to remove, I've had no mechanical issues. The cloth seats are comfortable but collect lint like mad and already are falling apart at the seams. The ride is great though, and the back seats easily fit my 3 kids on 6 hour fishing trips without a problem

Love this truck!
By GLG3 on 10/22/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with not only the look of this truck, but the way it performs. I've only had it a few weeks and had many compliments on it. This could be the best truck purchase I have ever made.

Best Silverado Yet.
By txreaction on 09/08/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three Silverados so far..1995, 2000, 2004SS, and my new 2008 is far superior. The options that are available are excellent. I opted for the extended cab LT2 package with the Texas Edition upgrade which includes fog lights, special 20" rims, and cargo management system. Stickered for $33,000. Out the door with gap insurance and extended warranty I paid $23,480. Thanks to employee pricing of course. If you have your doubts, just test drive one...there is a reason people refer to the Silverado as the Cadillac of trucks.

2008 Silverado
By Jacob on 04/15/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I initially got into an accident and totalled a fully loaded Tahoe. I put 96,000 problem-free miles on the Tahoe prior to it becoming a total loss. I never considered happiness could be had in a pick-up truck until the rental company put me in a crew cab Silverado for 30 days. I had to have one. The vehicle drives very smooth and due to the fuel management change from 8 to 4 cylinders on the highway, the improvement in gas mileage is very welcome.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.