2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy work truck
By Ken on 04/13/10 05:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Rebate back in 2008 was the main selling point. I have been very satisfied with the performance and reliability of the Chevy. The only setback so far was that the battery died on me after about a year of service. I would not recommend the Ext cab with small rear doors, when parking in a lot, next to other cars, the doors extend to far out and you cannot open them, and if they don't open all the way to 180 degrees they will close by themselves, usually pinching your legs if your leaning in the back. I have the 6 cylinder and wish the MPG were better. The rear suspension holds the bed very high & makes it difficult to reach in. If rear seat could be removed it would be a nice feature

After 1 year and 25000 miles
By Mole man on 07/30/09 17:15 PM (PDT)

After my first year in the new Silverado I can say I am very pleased. As this is a business truck and I spend a lot of time in it. the ride is fantastic. The 4x4 can't be beat. Great interior although it is lacking in cup holders and storage space. Only one problem so far and that is the stereo. Once the Serious radio was turned off I noticed the radio volume fluctuates horribly as the radio struggles to pick up the digital radio transmission. This is not due to the auto volume adjust option. Just poor radio design. It is so bad that if I don't have a CD to listen to, the radio is turned off. Wished it had a non-satellite radio. Back to dealership 3x on this issue.

Great Truck, Terrible MPG
By Tim on 08/20/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

I too am expericing the terrible mileage. 12 in city, 17 on HWY, V-6. Chevy must have been testing this truck downhill when posting the MPG. Great to drive and up high. Quiet, great audio sound, OnStar is a first for me and love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.