2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Wanted a GMC but the Chev will

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Wanted a GMC but the Chev will do nicely
By RagDoll on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was actually looking for the new Sierra but it was too late in the year to find the things I wanted in stock at a dealer. So off to Chevy I went. I searched lots on Sundays and the internet during the week and after an exhaustive search of about 400-500 trucks, I found one that was very close to the exact truck I wanted with the options I wanted. GMC and Chev actually have a bit different look this year and I prefer GMC...that being said, I wanted the Flex-Fuel, a sunroof, LTZ, Z-71, and either Gray or Black...with the power rear slider up in the air because you lose the defogger if you get that option and in Minnesota, the rear defog gets a lot of use. I have about 3500 miles on my truck.

Steering wheel controls, HVAC, DIC, Flex fuel, leather seats, XM and OnStar hands free calling which can be linked to Verizon. I did not originally want the locking tailgate but love the locking feature in conjunction with my tonneau cover.

Wheel flares, color keyed or black, rear seats that fold up or down as they were on previous models, Z-71 comes with 18" wheels which limit replacement options in Tires (like Michelin) and are more expensive than 17" or 16" come time to replace them. Side rail caps as option/standard would be nice