2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Silverado Crew Cab-What a Truc

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LT1 Crew Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

Silverado Crew Cab-What a Truck!
By SBrady on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 07 Silverado in June of this year and have now had some time to get a feel for it. It now has 2500 miles on the odometer. I spent about 6 months researching this purchase and ended up with the Silverado. My truck is an LT-1, but it has leather, 20 inch tires, the 5.3 engine, etc. My gas mileage was 16 when I first got it, but it has been steadily improving with each fill up. I am now getting just a bit over 20 MPG on the interstate when driving 75. The truck has plenty of power, handles like a car and is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. The fit and finish is excellent as well. If you are looking for a truck you MUST try the Silverado out.

Favorite Features

The great new body style, 20 inch wheels/tires, stadium style flip up rear seats, remote start, steering wheel controlls for radio and cruise that light up at night, instruments are easy to see, great flip down console with tons of useful storage, quiet cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius could be a bit shorter, but I am getting used to it. I would really like to have bed cap covers as standard like Ford puts on the F150. I have one before this truck and liked the added surity when hauling cargo.