Recommended Buy, But Research First
By Good Truck So Far on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I love this truck so far, and have attempted to give a fair review. I love the styling, Cadillac-like LTZ interior. The truck rides great, and on the highway, I regularly get over 21mpg, and average almost 17mpg overall. I love the look of the truck, and have consistently received compliments. I went for the 20" wheels too, and would recommend that option to anyone who would not regularly take the truck offroad, as it really fills up the wells, which is a complaint I have seen several times. I am worried about a recent dead battery. I went to start the truck in the morning (sat for 10 hours) and it was dead. There wasn't not even a click, gauge movement, or dim lights.
Favorite Features
Appearance, dark blue exterior, tan leather interior, and 20" wheels. It is the truck on the cover of the brochure. I love the no cost E85 option. Great ride, performance, and gas mileage too!
Suggested Improvements
The truck needs: 5/6 Speed auto, a manual transmission option, a coin/cd holder / organizer, flat rear floor, better ground clearance and the variable displacement needs to stay on a little longer, any gas pedal pressure at all kicks the truck back into V8 mode.