2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Powerful truck!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Powerful truck!
By neversummer on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had previously owned an '02 and loved it....now Chevy has raised the bar! Nice 20 inch wheels (although i will be offroading), great ride , power and looks. I have the 6.0 and am averaging 14.5 after 2000 miles. Looked at a Tundra but was put off by the price. I was amazed to see how similar the interior dash was to the new Chevy! The body design is awesome, however "plastic" chrome pieces are undesireable and do not stand up after four years. How about aluminum on the front grille? Same with the interior....simulated plastic wood...no sir! The fit of my glove door and arm rest "wood" pieces are off, other wise good build inside and out. Trans shifting feels awkward and slow to respond.

Power, ride, looks and new warranty.

Sharper acceleration, 4/8 fuel mgmt seems ineffective (avg fuel economy less than my 5.3 2002).For all of us that would like to keep a truck for the long term please dump the plastic for alloys!