Eh, just ok
By Jack on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned the vehicle for almost three years. No crazy stories to tell, been a good vehicle. I have the 4.8 which really is fine if you don't want to pull anything. My complaint is the constant upshift for hills. In fact driving across Missouri in a snowstorm, the wind was enough to make it downshift. My brother who has the 5.3 states his is worse because you have to lay on the pedal to make it downshift causing loss of speed at every hill. Good solid truck, few rattles, but solid. The factory American general tires are worthless though, they got me about 28k and were shot-mpg is about 15 hwy/city but about 13 pulling a jet ski. I will probably upgrade in near future.
Favorite Features
overall outside body style, have had lots of compliments even now being a few years old I get good compliments.
Suggested Improvements
Had some issues adding a bug deflector- a standard addition to a pickup. The crazy wind noise can be handled by simply putting double sided foam tape under the rubber seals on left and right side of the windshield- it does fit it.