2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: I am never buying a chevy agai

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

I am never buying a chevy again
By dyma82 on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a Tundra before, so I got used to the Japanese fine finish. This truck interior is falling apart and it only has 5,000 miles. The 4x4 electronic switch is very unreliable. More often than not it doesn’t disengage the 4x4 even though it shows 2x2. Fuel efficiency is the worse. Visibility is horrible. Big hood for no reason at all, just to look tough. Engine lifters make a horrible sound 3 out of 5 times when starting the truck in the morning.

Clearance.

Engine lifters (they shouldn't knock at 5,000 miles). Go back to manual 4x4 shifter. Your electronic shifter is horrible. Make the body more aerodynamic. There is a lot of room for that. Is ok to use cheap plastic in the interior, but at least install it properly.
By dyma82
on 05/02/14 07:52 AM (PDT)

I was trying to change this review. I still have my Silverado. Now at 65,000 miles it has won my trust completely. It is still true that the interior is built with cheap plastics and the finish is questionable, but this truck has perform A++ for the last 65,000 miles, and it looks like it will keep performing perfectly for the next 60K. I haven't have to touch a single nut anywhere in the truck. This is an incredibly reliable truck...taking in account the I tow a 8,000 pounds trailer almost every weekend and I have to use the 4x4 system to pull it out of the water...plus an occasional off-roading in the Everglades. Flawless.....if I could edit this review I would give it 5 starts, and if I ever get a new truck, it will be a Silverado....no question in my mind.