Happy to be Chevy Truck Driver!
By Tom on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I was first looking at Tundra, but the dealer wanted too much. After several weeks of researching, I am happy to have Blue Granite Silverado. Color looks great. It was my first time to buy full pickup truck. Only have this truck for several weeks and now running at 2000 miles. Good view of driving. Glad to have running board, even I'm pretty big, my knee's going bad. Turn ratio needs to be better. Good power for a 4.8 engine. Impressed to see driving under 2000 rpm at 70 - 75 mph. Need to improve hauling weight. Weight is limited to 4800 lbs. Dashboard layout is great. Nice to have seat built for 6 people. I like the idea of raising the backseats to make room for Home Depot stuffs.
Favorite Features
Backseats liftup. Body style. OnStar system. Auto lights. Plenty of room in hood to work on engine if needed. Sound emitted out of muffler is great. Radio speakers sound great and loud even I'm hearing-impaired.
Suggested Improvements
Turn ratio. Door handle is too low under arm rest. It's hard to reach in. I'm 5'10 and the truck is pretty high. Hard to reach the engine inside the hood. Need gas improvement, but what can you expect from trucks. In Miami, only one E85 gas station.