Great truck, a joke for gas mileage!
By Butch on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I have really enjoyed owning this truck for a 1 1/2 now. Truck rides very smooth, very comfortable on the highway. White, Z71 Ext Cab Std Box, 5.3. Pulls my 5,000 lb travel trailer no sweat. Only problem I've had with the truck was the battery went out in Oct of 07. Absoloutely love this truck, however two very annoying things. 1 the seats collect a ton of lint! 2nd, the truck sits way to low in the front! Why did GM have to design these trucks with the nose dive. With my 5,000 lb trailer on the back just levels the truck out. You look at the 2wd and the 4wd Silverado's and you can't even see a difference. GM should design these trucks to sit up a bit higher in front. Otherwise very satisfied!
Favorite Features
Looks great, 5.3 Vortec seems to be a very solid powerful engine. Quiet, strong, and smooth. I'm sure performany would be even better if I had the 6 speed automatic trans but oh well. Interior of the truck is great, very comfortable to drive back and forth to work as well as travel cross country.
Suggested Improvements
The dealer sticker on my truck said 20 MPG highway, this has really been a joke! (try about 17 mpg highway at best!). Seats collect so so much lint (very difficult to keep clean). Also, I wish my Z71 off road 4x4 wasn't so low in the front end! I don't know why GM designed them with the nose dive!