First Full Size Pick-Up
By Noru on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
07' LT1 Crew Cab now with 12.5K on it. This is my first full size truck, my trade in was a 06' GMC Canyon Crew Cab, the Canyon was a good truck but it never had enough room inside for me and the family it just got small on us as time went by. The Silverado is big enough with a very nice smooth stable ride. The gas mileage in town is 15 mpg, & 20 mpg on the highway at 70mph. I have the 4.8 engine and I'm very pleased with the power and smoothest, the 4-spd auto is sweet also buy it did take about 8K to break in, at first the down shift from second to first gear was harsh at times buy got better as more miles where added. Its has been very reliable with no issue at all.
Favorite Features
The style of the body is nice, but I like the GMC Sierra style more. The XM radio is a must, as well as the audio control on the steering wheel. The driver information is very useful and accurate with the gas mileage, tire pressure and oil change notification, the anti-skid and traction control.
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius is just too wide for a 2wd drive, my Ford 4wd Power Stroke Diesel has about the same radius and it huge. The tire re-learn location is a pain to reset after a tire rotation, only the dealer can do it quickly, not user friendly.