2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Best Truck I've owned

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LT2 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

Best Truck I've owned
By JMG on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck on an impulse. I bought the truck with the Southwest Edition package which includes 5.3L engine,leather seats,tow package and 20" wheels. I have had an issue with the tires, but that's because the city of ABQ doesn't clean their roads. Recently went on a trip to AZ from NM and got about 22 MPG. I've owned the truck a year now and average about 16.4 MPG in the city. I've towed a couple of trailers and have had no issues with the very capable 5.3L. There's plenty of room in the back seat for my 6' tall son. He used to kick me in the back in our old SUV and he wasn't even 6' at that point. The interior is nice and roomy for all.

Plenty of power; OnStar; power everything; 20" wheels; leather seats; Plenty of room; looks great

Plastic Interior does not fit all that well. The drive line shifts forward and back as you stop and take off. According to the dealer, this is a known issue with no real fix. Boo!