2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best of 60 vehicle's I have owned
By Lonnie on 10/23/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my favorite vehicle to date of ownership out of the past 59 vehicles. The ride is unbeatable for a truck. Tempted by Toyota but their rtuck had cheesy interior and an ugly front end. The new Silverado design is perfect and to drive one will make you an owner. I added Flowmaster exhaust and it opened the 6.0 MAX engine up and let it breath. Wow, the 4X4 system really hooks up when climbing steep rock formations and getting through the mud. Yes, I am not a concrete cowboy, I take my $46,000 truck off road.

LTZ Silverado
By Rick Swearingen on 10/21/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is Motor Trends truck of the year for a reason. From its luxury suv interior and ride, solid build quality, smooth powerful engine, and rugid good looks GM has built one nice truck.

Not much bad to say
By Bryant on 10/17/07 00:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is definitely the worst out of all of my previously owned vehicles, but it is nowhere near the best. Love the ride height, had to take off the air dam to finish the look. Truck way too quiet for my tastes too. That was easily and fairly cheaply fixed. Love the ride quality, radio is adequate, and the 4WD has ample torque. AC is freezing! Thats always good.

2007 Silverado Crew Cab Review
By silverado22 on 10/13/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first GM vehicle that I have owned where I have not had to bring it back to the dealer to get anything fixed. I have over 12K miles in less than 6 months of driving, averaging 18 mpg. The air conditioning is powerful and cold. My only complaint is there is too much badging of the vehicle. After removing all of the silly 4x4 stickers, huge Chevy Bowtie, Silverado and GM badging, I can now appreciate the quality of the paint on my truck.

Great Truck!
By Sam on 10/11/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I've owned by far. I bought it for it's versatility (i.e. 4X4, pickup bed, etc) but I'm amazed at how comfortable it is as a daily driver. This is my commute vehicle and my camping/fishing vehicle and it works great all the way around. Great gas mileage for a truck and it rides more comfortably than my old car ('05 Impala). The comfort features like OnStar, remote starter and dual climate control are awesome. Plus it's great off-road. The rear locker has gotten me out of at least one tight spot.

Lemon
By bubba on 10/10/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my 2007 silverado for about 1 month now and have had nothing but problems the a/c has went out on it the tire pressure monitoring system has had to be fixed already and the is some type of popping noise in the rearend when you start up a hill and the truck switches in to second gear. This truck is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned and will never own another.

07 1500 w/ the new body style
By 07Chevy1500 on 10/08/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have to say this is the nicest most comfortable truck I have ever owned. To really set it off I have the 5.3 and it has great power and better fuel millage than the smaller V8. Love it!

Nice Truck!
By '07 LTZ on 10/07/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. The ride is luxury smooth and quiet. The inside is first class on LTZ. The Bose system is great. Cruise and stereo controls on steering wheel are nice. The 20" wheels look great. I get 18 mpg mixed driving and 18 on interstate at 70 with plenty of power and a nice exhaust sound under heavy throttle. Chevy has designed and built one nice truck.

Buy one if you can afford it
By charlie on 10/06/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in August sight unseen. I went through Edmunds.com and submitted a request to multiple dealers. Overall, this is an outstanding truck. I opted for the Texas Edition package for this truck because I need towing package. There are only a couple of things I would change. First,GM should have put disc brakes on the rear, especially for people who tow. Second, the power windows are a little noisy as compaired to my previous chevy truck. Lastly, when I go over RR tracks, the tailgate sounds a little loose, but to be fair, this could just be to the exta stability built into the truck. But overall, this is a great truck and I have no regrets about buying it.

Powerful truck!
By neversummer on 10/05/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had previously owned an '02 and loved it....now Chevy has raised the bar! Nice 20 inch wheels (although i will be offroading), great ride , power and looks. I have the 6.0 and am averaging 14.5 after 2000 miles. Looked at a Tundra but was put off by the price. I was amazed to see how similar the interior dash was to the new Chevy! The body design is awesome, however "plastic" chrome pieces are undesireable and do not stand up after four years. How about aluminum on the front grille? Same with the interior....simulated plastic wood...no sir! The fit of my glove door and arm rest "wood" pieces are off, other wise good build inside and out. Trans shifting feels awkward and slow to respond.