Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck!
By Larry Cornell

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. The comfort and handling is excellent. I have driven this truck for 16 months and 23000 miles and not a rattle or squeak, very quiet and just very enjoyable to drive. Thank you Chevrolet!

Comfortable seats and ride, controls on steering wheel are nice. With 3 grandchildren, there is plenty of room in the back seat area!

Only improvement I would suggest is raise the climate controls higher on the dash, with my bifocals, they are some what challenging to read with out moving my head up and down.

I am never buying a chevy again
By dyma82

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a Tundra before, so I got used to the Japanese fine finish. This truck interior is falling apart and it only has 5,000 miles. The 4x4 electronic switch is very unreliable. More often than not it doesn’t disengage the 4x4 even though it shows 2x2. Fuel efficiency is the worse. Visibility is horrible. Big hood for no reason at all, just to look tough. Engine lifters make a horrible sound 3 out of 5 times when starting the truck in the morning.

Clearance.

Engine lifters (they shouldn't knock at 5,000 miles). Go back to manual 4x4 shifter. Your electronic shifter is horrible. Make the body more aerodynamic. There is a lot of room for that. Is ok to use cheap plastic in the interior, but at least install it properly.

Very pleased
By VA

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far I'm very pleased. GM definitely made strides with this truck. In particular the interior comfort and build quality is far better than in previous years. Gas mileage isn't good, but hey, it's a truck!

General interior design. Gauges are easy to read. Rides great. Backup sensors is a great feature.

Turning radius. You need about an acre to turn this beast around.

Winner
By TB

I absolutely love my new Silverado as do my wife and kids. It was finally time to move on from my Ford Bronco and I was looking for a pick up. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the big trucks out on the market today (Tundra, F150, Titan, Ram). I have the FTZ version (black on black) and the interior is outstanding with quality materials. My wife has an Acura and the interior is just as nice. It also drives real smooth with good power from the 5.3L V- 8(315hp). The seats are comfortable with plenty of room front and back. I've only had my Silverado for 3 months but I enjoy driving everytime I set foot in the truck.

Subtle bold and classic truck appearance. Classy quality interior. Strong Engine. Smooth ride. 20" wheels. OnStar is excellent. XM radio (Disney for the kids). Rear headrest DVD in both seats (no fighting over what to watch with a boy and girl on long trips). Good truck bed space for hauling.

Better turning radius. Gas mileage not as good as advertised (it's still not bad for a truck). Glove box is worthless (center council is good). Needs side cup holders in back. Would be nice for a 180 flip in the center council lid with cupholders for the back when seating 5. Should come w bed liner

Love it!
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Silverado. What a great truck! It feels so crisp. The interior feels so spacious and solid. Very quiet ride, and fairly comfortable considering the 20" wheels. It could use some integrated blind spot mirrors, though. The power is good. Not as much as my old Titan that was a rocket out of the hole. But it's stong and smooth. No squeaks. The dash looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The truck has so many features and creature comforts. Ample storage for the front. Could be better compartmentized for rear passangers.

The sheer brute size. Comfortable ride and soft leather. Radio is great. Consistantly smooth accelleration. Features galore! Feels like a luxury vehicle.

Integrate the electronic brake controller with all tow packages, or provide a factory harness for ease of installation.