2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
What happened
By matt on 01/06/08 14:30 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its nice to look at but don't try to drive it. The front pump on the transmission was leaking within 2300 miles and im on the second power steering unit. Good thing theres a 100,000 mile warrenty on this things im gonna need it.

2007 LT 4.8L Silverado
By laline on 12/31/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had an '04, when the new style was out, had to get it! Looks great, beautiful ride, and the new warranty is'nt too bad either. Fuel economy could be better, the 5.3 on my old one got just as good MPG. Overall I love it, the pros outweigh the cons.

LTZ
By cliffy on 12/26/07 15:16 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 18" wheels and the ride is horrible, my 2003 rode much better and the improvment in ride is where? What happened to the lights on the doors? Nowhere to be found. I have an LTZ and the seats heaters are not designed properly for the seats. The sides of the seats do not heat and the leather is cold because of this. When spending this kind of money $37,000+ I would have expected a much improved truck, just didn't get it. I don't like the dome lamps and cargo lamps on the same switch. Next time I trade I'll be looking at other makes.

Very pleased
By VA on 12/20/07 06:39 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far I'm very pleased. GM definitely made strides with this truck. In particular the interior comfort and build quality is far better than in previous years. Gas mileage isn't good, but hey, it's a truck!

Winner
By TB on 12/03/07 18:37 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my new Silverado as do my wife and kids. It was finally time to move on from my Ford Bronco and I was looking for a pick up. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the big trucks out on the market today (Tundra, F150, Titan, Ram). I have the FTZ version (black on black) and the interior is outstanding with quality materials. My wife has an Acura and the interior is just as nice. It also drives real smooth with good power from the 5.3L V- 8(315hp). The seats are comfortable with plenty of room front and back. I've only had my Silverado for 3 months but I enjoy driving everytime I set foot in the truck.

07 Silverado
By J. Tilson on 12/03/07 05:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding styling and a 4.8L V8 that is more than capable of getting the job done at the construction site. Even the lifelong Ford guys at my company have nothing bad to say about the truck, except the sloping bed.

Excellent
By Brian on 11/26/07 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would have to say this truck is a great all around vehicle, whether on or off road it out performs all other half- ton trucks. The interior design is simple and functional and every mile of the 24000 I have driven so far has been a blast. Thanks for a great truck!

Love it!
By Matt on 11/19/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Silverado. What a great truck! It feels so crisp. The interior feels so spacious and solid. Very quiet ride, and fairly comfortable considering the 20" wheels. It could use some integrated blind spot mirrors, though. The power is good. Not as much as my old Titan that was a rocket out of the hole. But it's stong and smooth. No squeaks. The dash looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The truck has so many features and creature comforts. Ample storage for the front. Could be better compartmentized for rear passangers.

Great Truck
By Great Truck on 11/12/07 18:16 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 5,300 miles on my truck and so far it's been great. I am getting 18 mpg mixed driving and 18 mpg on the interstate at 70 mph. The fit and finish is excellent, The interior has a luxury car like ride that is both smooth and quiet and the bose sound system is awesome. I think they could improve mileage if they keep the motor in 4v mode which I read GM is working on this. The 5.3 has plenty of power and a nice exhaust note under heavy throttle. In cold weather, remote start not only turns your heat on it turns your heated seat on, nice touch. GM has done a nice job on this truck.

Still pinching myself. Love it!
By Brent on 11/07/07 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Loved my F150, it drove, rode and handled wonderfully (Reg cab, 4.6 V8) and got 15.2 avg mpg. Needed something bigger, and found the Chevrolet head and shoulders above my Ford. I was pleasantly surprised. The ride, fit and ergonomics of my Silverado are just as close to perfect as I can imagine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.