2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
So far, so good
By dcfdrescue on 09/11/07 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 07 1500 Crew Cab Ltz VMax 4X4 late Aug, have 1500 miles on it so far and I love it. The ride is very smooth and interior comfort is good. Fit quality of interior is excellent and body panels, bumper etc. is also good. I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokee's for the past 4 vehicles and decided after seeing the new body style to go with the 1500. I am very pleased with this truck so far. Wish gas mileage was better but I did buy a pick up truck so what did I expect. I wish the active fuel management would stay in V4 mode longer. I have a large dog and child and still have enough room in the back of the truck for them and toys. Would recommend the Lt2 for anyone looking for a nice non SUV

Great Truck!
By Debby on 09/08/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

This is an awesome truck for someone who wants a real truck. It has everything a truck should have: rear drum brakes, ground clearance, large appearance, luxury interior, ability to tow and haul, quiet ride, excellent handling, locking rear diff, and great gas mileage. People nowadays need to realize what a truck is for...it's a work vehicle, not a luxury grocery go-getter! And this truck has it all plus some. I get 17-18 mpg on the backroads and around town with my 5.3L Z71. That is excellent for a truck! That is much better than my 1990 Fullsize 4wd Blazer and about the same as my 2000 Z71 Silverado. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

A+ First Chevy Experience
By D Friess on 08/30/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

27 years I drove Ford (7 different models), and I'm as happy as I can be now driving Chevy. Got the 6.0L Vortec Max. 367 hp and 375 lb-ft torque and 18.9 mpg (after first 500 miles)! I'm still amazed at all of the amenities. The comfort, the quiet. I understand completely why this truck got all of the design and performance awards that it did, including Motor Trend 2007 Truck of the Year.

Looks good, Drives terrible
By Silverado on 08/29/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

On test drive there was a vibration between 45 to 55 MPH. Then we hit a little small broken pavement in the road and the truck jumps all over the place! Gas mileage is a joke if not an out right lie. We tested the gas mileage in several ways but, keep getting the same results. In town, the best gas to the cheapest gas was only 12 MPG. On the Highway, our biggest accomplishment was at 17 MPG. General Motors said the estimated sticker mileage quote was just a theoretical statement. At 45 to 55 MPH the truck has this vibration and in curves at a lower speed it has this same vibration. If driven from payment to concrete or a bumpy road the truck will dance and shake.

Silly Boys Trucks Are 4 Girls!
By Chasityll on 08/23/07 06:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 07 Silverado crew cab Feb. 24, 2007 This is the best truck I have ever owned. I used to be a Ford girl, until now. I absolutely love this truck, it is great. When you look at it from the front, it looks like a monster, which it is!

Silverado
By Brandon O'Hanlon on 08/18/07 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck when they first hit the streets, it's a black Z71 LTZ, with a black front end, chrome mesh grille, assist steps, and other than the gas mileage, it's the best truck I've ever owned. I tow my boat with it all the time, and can barely tell I'm pulling anything. Chevy has come a long way with this one. I hope they keep up the good work in the future.

Disappointed
By lbh on 08/16/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

Traded my 05 Chevy crew cab, got 17mpg. Now I only get 14mpg mostly hwy with new truck! A/c vent makes weird noise! Stiffer ride than my 05, does not have rear a/c vents like my 05, turning radius is too wide! Does have nice features like side curtain airbags, parking assist, nice looking truck but, been very disappointed so far compared with my 05 crew cab!

Hope it don't fall apart
By Lanny on 08/05/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 05 Ext. cab Z71. Bad move! Have driven 1000 miles and it sounds like the front end of this Z71 may fall out before I can get it back into the dealer. Gas mileage is 14.5. '05 averaged 17.9 22 on highway. Has a serious lag when taking off from stop and when trying to pass. Is going into shop tomorrow.

Silverado Experience
By Lazarus Romig on 07/26/07 09:57 AM (PDT)

I was quite hesitant to buy American, but my fears have been squelched by the excellent performance of the 2007 Silverado. Going into the purchasing phase, I was planning on buying the Toyota Tundra, but on the test drives, the Silverado simply performed better, had more room, better visibility, and was much more enjoyable to drive.

Excellent
By lilman01 on 07/24/07 23:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck, I traded in an '02 for this one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.