2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I am never buying a chevy again
By dyma82 on 03/21/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a Tundra before, so I got used to the Japanese fine finish. This truck interior is falling apart and it only has 5,000 miles. The 4x4 electronic switch is very unreliable. More often than not it doesnÂ’t disengage the 4x4 even though it shows 2x2. Fuel efficiency is the worse. Visibility is horrible. Big hood for no reason at all, just to look tough. Engine lifters make a horrible sound 3 out of 5 times when starting the truck in the morning.

Nice truck
By Chet on 03/14/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I can say this is the best truck I have ever had. The ride is good, the 4X4 works great, good fuel economy. I love the truck. GM did a good job on this one.

07Chevy
By jjdoodah on 02/29/08 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Pros: acceleration, brakes, heat/air;radio, seats, turn circle,fun to drive. Cons: ride; very poor seal around doors..way too much noise, mileage (15- 16), too light on rear..spins wheels & looses traction too easy, no trip odometer, a/c switches; overall poor fit in areas of body & interior.

AwsomeTruck! Need to improve mpg
By Kyle on 02/24/08 18:31 PM (PST)

I have been very impressed with my truck. The Silverado rides so smooth on the highway, I would rather travel in my truck than any other vehicle. Also, mechanically the trick is amazing! The 5.3 is a strong, quiet, and smooth running engine. My ony complaint has been the fuel mileage. It seems the '"active fuel management" doesn't help much at all. The rating on the sticker said 16 city and 20 mpg highway. I get closer to 13 city and 15.8 on the highway. I don't think I'll ever see 20mpg. Other than that I am extremely happy with my truck and plan on keeping it a long time! Thanks Chevy for building such a great truck! just need to improve mpg

I love my truck
By dhvacwiz on 02/13/08 02:05 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest truck I have owned, and I have had many over the years. It is comfortable on long trips,quiet and rides well. Average 14mpg includes road trips,local driving and aprrox. 20% towing Motorcycles. I also use this truck for work daily. It carries the additonal weight and maintains handling and ride. The 4 wd has come in handy with this years snow. Power is good too.

Chevy Silverado
By Darren E. on 01/21/08 17:53 PM (PST)

I am a college student and needed a reliable truck that would get decent gas mileage. I traded in my 98 GMC 1/2ton pickup w/4.3L V6 for this 07 Silverado. I thought that since I had good results with gas mileage on the V6 that I thought the new trucks would get good mileage. Wrong! I am getting 12-13 city and 16-17 highway. This really disapoints me. Other than the gas mileage, the truck is good. Overall I am happy with the deal and would recommed Chevy/GMC trucks to anyone.

A Truck Worth the Money
By Brian on 01/17/08 14:38 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my Ford F-150 in for a Silverado. This truck feels more sturdy and a heavier duty truck, even though it's technically not a "heavy duty" series.

The Worktruck
By moeniogt on 01/07/08 00:08 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a well-built workhorse this is your truck. I feel very safe and confortable when driving this truck. I love the fact that you sit high. Interior room is more than enough, I am 6'1" and I feel small when I am sitting in my truck. The bells and whistles are missing but it is a worktruck. Even with this in mind, the interior is very nice and functional. I love the new ergonomic, elegant but simple controls for the radio, a/c, lights, and on-star. The new exterior body design is simply pleasing to the eyes. It gives it an aggressive yet elegant feel. This truck drives very nice. It is very solid, granted that I haven't used it for towing or off-roading. I love it!

What happened
By matt on 01/06/08 14:30 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its nice to look at but don't try to drive it. The front pump on the transmission was leaking within 2300 miles and im on the second power steering unit. Good thing theres a 100,000 mile warrenty on this things im gonna need it.

2007 LT 4.8L Silverado
By laline on 12/31/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had an '04, when the new style was out, had to get it! Looks great, beautiful ride, and the new warranty is'nt too bad either. Fuel economy could be better, the 5.3 on my old one got just as good MPG. Overall I love it, the pros outweigh the cons.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.