Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

they just keep getting better!
By dc

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning several GM products the latest generation is nothing short of amazing! I went from a 97 GMC pickup, to a 2003 Tahoe, and am now driving a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab Max package. I highly recommend them. I have pulled boats from 30ft down, fully loaded dump trailers and the like with the truck with only the addition of a set of rear airbags and a trailer brake controller. This is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever had to work/play with on the weekend and commute with during the week. I was extremely skeptical of the estimated 19 MPG highway, after owning the rig for over 2 years and 65,000 miles I dont find it far off I usually have a combined fuel average of 15.5+ at fill up!

XM, Easy to keep clean interior, The Bose audio system is GREAT, 6.0 liter motor and 4:10 rear end is a perfect combo for getting down the road loaded or empty. Remote Start for those cold/hot days! The look of the truck is great and the amount of in dash and in seat storage is more than adequite.

I really wish GM would introduce a fold flat back seat!

Mechanical issues but looks good
By Jay

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

highway driving causes 3rd gear failure at 35K miles? AC makes noise at "auto" setting and has been replaced once. Ongoing problems. Thank god for the GM warranty. Rear drink holders are fisher-price like. Other than that - interior is pretty good, comfortable, exterior looks like a truck should, XM is great. No blue tooth is crazy but they fixed in later years. Can't understand why GM wouldn't spend the extra $50 and make wheel well inserts standard. Plastic door inserts look like miniature lego pieces ie: cheap as hell. Used to own a Tundra and went domestic to try and help local business but may rethink next time is I keep having problems. At 40,000 miles now.

Exterior looks and get up and go when you need it.

get rid of the plastic crap inside (door molds and cup holders). Also - find a fix for 3rd gear overheating and causing metal fragments in the bottom of the pan.

2007 Chevrolet Silverado
By Juan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way it is designed in and out. It is very powerful and quiet ride, with a lot of features.

I like the way the engine sounds. One of the many unique features are the turn signal automatic alarm.

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!!
By DBCOOL68

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had this truck for about two years now, and have a 2008 reg cab long bed for a year now with a six engine(6 was not my choice but by the company I worked for) and my 5,3 gets better mileage than it but nowhere near the 20 claimed. But it rides well and can carry everything I have thrown at is so far. Very comfortable on long trips was a ease going all over Texas with style. The computer display gives great information about vehicle status.

XM Satillite Bose radio with steering wheel controls and rear separate radio for the siblings, excellent ride and handling even while towing. Dual HVAC, comfortable adjustable seating.

Seats collects too much lint, could use better mpg. like 20 mpg for real. Delco could make a better battery.

Going to Toyota
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

74,000 km's and the transmission won't shift gears. I don't tow, I do not beat on it, I take very good care of it and this is how I am repaid. GM needs to put alot more thought into building a reliable truck. My last 2002 silverado was just as big a lemon. And to think I would give Chevy one more chance. I can't wait to see how much this one is going to cost; I'm sure GM will try to get out of the so called warranty.

Rear ends, should be after market. Transmissions should be after market. Oil pumps should be after market.