Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Very pleased and happy
By Dusty M

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I now have 18000 miles on my 07 5.3 LT ext cab 2WD drive Silverdao. So far I have been most pleased with this new truck from Chevy. I traded in a 05 Silverado when this new model came out and I am glad I did. The ride and handling is head and shoulders above my 05 along with all the other Chevy trucks I have owned. The overall quality of my new truck from is head and shoulders above my 05. I have been most impressed with the performance when towing a trailer. Unlike my 05 which jumped to high rpms while in cruise and starting up a grade this new truck gradually accelerates pulling you up a hill. It pulls like a train. Gas mileage is 20- 22 mph if I keep it under 70. Very happy so far.

5.3 V8 is outstanding, towing performance, quiet and smooth ride, retro dash and gauges, great body design, storage areas, highway gas mileage, new stereo and temp control, low rumble exhaust.

Great truck the only thing they need to improve is the patterns and designs on cloth interior and city mpg needs improvement. The power seats are pretty basic and could use some upgrading.

Nice truck
By Chet

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I can say this is the best truck I have ever had. The ride is good, the 4X4 works great, good fuel economy. I love the truck. GM did a good job on this one.

Auto 4X4, rear slider, OnStar, rear drum brakes.

Better stock speakers.

AwsomeTruck! Need to improve mpg
By Kyle

I have been very impressed with my truck. The Silverado rides so smooth on the highway, I would rather travel in my truck than any other vehicle. Also, mechanically the trick is amazing! The 5.3 is a strong, quiet, and smooth running engine. My ony complaint has been the fuel mileage. It seems the '"active fuel management" doesn't help much at all. The rating on the sticker said 16 city and 20 mpg highway. I get closer to 13 city and 15.8 on the highway. I don't think I'll ever see 20mpg. Other than that I am extremely happy with my truck and plan on keeping it a long time! Thanks Chevy for building such a great truck! just need to improve mpg

Ride, looks, engine, interior, and build quality. I have truly been amazed with how quiet, smooth, and solid my Silverado is. The 5.3 Vortec is very powerfull! The engine is smooth and responsive, tranny shifts like butter. Also love the comfy seats

Fuel economy. Speakers. They have rattled since day 1 and dont have much bass. Also, The black spoiler on the bottom of the front bumper seems to hinder ground clearence and makes the appeareance of the Z71 and 4x4's look too low in the front. My Z71 4x4 looks more like a 2wd in the front.

I love my truck
By dhvacwiz

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest truck I have owned, and I have had many over the years. It is comfortable on long trips,quiet and rides well. Average 14mpg includes road trips,local driving and aprrox. 20% towing Motorcycles. I also use this truck for work daily. It carries the additonal weight and maintains handling and ride. The 4 wd has come in handy with this years snow. Power is good too.

Quiet and comfortable. Good sound system with mp3 jack.

Better gas mileage

A Truck Worth the Money
By Brian

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my Ford F-150 in for a Silverado. This truck feels more sturdy and a heavier duty truck, even though it's technically not a "heavy duty" series.

Seats are very comfortable, OnStar is great

Would be nice if the 5.3 liter was standard in all Silverado's. There's a little lag in the get up and go for such a heavy truck.