2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2007 Chevy Truck
By Indiana Chevy on 10/01/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck a month ago. Compared it with the Toyota Tundra. Liked them both, but am really glad I bought the Chevy. Lots of power, quiet, good ride/handling, and all the "toys" that I need with it. My only complaints are lack of storage inside. No overhead storage for glasses, etc like my old one had; small storage areas in the side doors; and a good sized storage between the seats, but not very functional. If you fill it up, you can't find anything! And finally there's no light in the hood area. I was told after the sale that that's an "option". Geez...a $37K truck should have an under the hood light!

What an improvement!
By Lou on 09/16/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I believe this recently redesigned Silverado is the best I have seen in 20 years! The truck handles well and the hybrid rear axle is awesome. I did get the 5.3 liter FlexFuel with Active Fuel Management. This helps on the highway but around town I have seem little in the way of savings. It still does better in mileage than my neighbor's new Dodge with a smaller engine and no high gear ratio in the rear axle, like my Silverado. If you need a half-ton to tow a medium- sized travel trailer, nothing beats the Silverado!

2007 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 6.0 LTZ
By Steve on 09/01/07 21:13 PM (PDT)

Bit the bullet and bought a black one! Added MAX Trailer- 367HP-375Torque-TOW 10,500lb, EZ Tailgate, Sunroof, Safety Pack, OWL 17" Tires, Elect Slider,XM Radio. A very nice truck. I am unsure about the active fuel management as it's slighty noticeable when it shifts between 4 and 8 cyl. I would prefer not to have it, but I guess it helps fuel mileage.

Best Truck in the World
By 100% Chevy on 09/01/07 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck ever. Completely redesigned. The gauges sit nicely in view. Got it with Texas edition with the trailering package and 20" wheels and it was perfect height. If you think its too tall for you try a car or a small truck, or some other chick vehicle. Traded a 96' Silverado and the turning radius with that rack and pinion really improves a lot. Great gas mileage for a truck with this performance and trust me I have a heavy foot (two tickets already).

One Big Truck!
By GEORGE on 08/23/07 21:52 PM (PDT)

I live in the South Burbs of Chicago. I can't explain how great this truck drives. It's been 3 weeks and had put 2,500 miles on it. I enjoy driving in this great Chevy. This is my first American truck and cant get enought of it. First of all the ride is perfect, the layout of the cabin is what the doctor ordered and the power of this truck leaves others in your rear view mirrors. Haven't hauled anything heavy yet, don't think I'll have any problems. Chevy is loaded up with all the goodies except the Navi I installed an aftermarket. Have the LTZ package with 20's, leather, bed hook system, STB system, Head Curtains, Back Up Sensors with lots of Chrome I Just Luv it

Still Don't Like It
By Enterprise D on 08/19/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

Forget the 16mpg city & 22 mpg highway they say I would get, I get 12.3 city, 12.5 highway. Without the air on add .1 mpg. If I wanted a car I would have bought one. No cigarette lighter, but has a vanity mirror on the driver side. Guys don't use a vanity mirror, we use the rear view. I'm back driving my 88 GMC 3/4 ton extended cab 8' bed 350 - get 20 mpg. Need to put out a step stool for some passengers to get in. Sits way to high, making it hard to get my tools out of the bed. Poor visabality right front fender (wiper in the way) I liked my 2003 1500 Chevy much better.

Love it
By Old Coot on 08/06/07 19:04 PM (PDT)

Traded in a 2003 for the 2007 with the Z71 package. Can't believe how much improvement in ride and quietness. We have the 6.0 and are very happy with the performance and gas mileage which has been 14.5 overall. Have not made any trips with it so can't say about highway mileage. Almost as much fun to drive as our Corvette. Have to say it is a great truck.

New LT-1 Ext. Cab 2WD Std. Bed 5.3
By CARL MAXWELL on 07/24/07 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fit and finish is great. Good power and fuel mileage. Handles good.

2007 silverado LT1
By jerry on 07/18/07 15:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love the new look of this vehicle, but bad mileage has turned me very sour. The interior is charcoal and is a lint magnet. Every week I try in vain to clean it and in one use it becomes totally covered in lint. I think the 4.8 liter motor is too small for this truck

Only 3 days old
By bkerchak on 06/29/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased an '07 Silverado Ext cab with the 4.8 V8 and 3.23 axle ratio. The fit and finish inside is excellent. I got the Silver Birch Metallic and it looks great! I like the new styling and have received compliments on the truck in the first three days of ownership. The 4.8 is smooth and powerful and mileage running with the a/c on has been good. It's a great truck inside and out and I look forward to loading it up and taking it to hunting camp real soon !