Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

they just keep getting better!
By dc

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning several GM products the latest generation is nothing short of amazing! I went from a 97 GMC pickup, to a 2003 Tahoe, and am now driving a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab Max package. I highly recommend them. I have pulled boats from 30ft down, fully loaded dump trailers and the like with the truck with only the addition of a set of rear airbags and a trailer brake controller. This is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever had to work/play with on the weekend and commute with during the week. I was extremely skeptical of the estimated 19 MPG highway, after owning the rig for over 2 years and 65,000 miles I dont find it far off I usually have a combined fuel average of 15.5+ at fill up!

Favorite Features

XM, Easy to keep clean interior, The Bose audio system is GREAT, 6.0 liter motor and 4:10 rear end is a perfect combo for getting down the road loaded or empty. Remote Start for those cold/hot days! The look of the truck is great and the amount of in dash and in seat storage is more than adequite.

Suggested Improvements

I really wish GM would introduce a fold flat back seat!

Mechanical issues but looks good
By Jay

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

highway driving causes 3rd gear failure at 35K miles? AC makes noise at "auto" setting and has been replaced once. Ongoing problems. Thank god for the GM warranty. Rear drink holders are fisher-price like. Other than that - interior is pretty good, comfortable, exterior looks like a truck should, XM is great. No blue tooth is crazy but they fixed in later years. Can't understand why GM wouldn't spend the extra $50 and make wheel well inserts standard. Plastic door inserts look like miniature lego pieces ie: cheap as hell. Used to own a Tundra and went domestic to try and help local business but may rethink next time is I keep having problems. At 40,000 miles now.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks and get up and go when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the plastic crap inside (door molds and cup holders). Also - find a fix for 3rd gear overheating and causing metal fragments in the bottom of the pan.

2007 Chevrolet Silverado
By Juan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way it is designed in and out. It is very powerful and quiet ride, with a lot of features.

Favorite Features

I like the way the engine sounds. One of the many unique features are the turn signal automatic alarm.

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!!
By DBCOOL68

I had this truck for about two years now, and have a 2008 reg cab long bed for a year now with a six engine(6 was not my choice but by the company I worked for) and my 5,3 gets better mileage than it but nowhere near the 20 claimed. But it rides well and can carry everything I have thrown at is so far. Very comfortable on long trips was a ease going all over Texas with style. The computer display gives great information about vehicle status.

Favorite Features

XM Satillite Bose radio with steering wheel controls and rear separate radio for the siblings, excellent ride and handling even while towing. Dual HVAC, comfortable adjustable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Seats collects too much lint, could use better mpg. like 20 mpg for real. Delco could make a better battery.

Love my LTZ
By Tom

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this LTZ a month ago and love the smooth ride,interior comfort,feel of the road. Have not pulled my boat yet but it should handle it with ease. Plenty of power. Bose sound system rocks! along with the satellite radio. It takes quite a while to figure out all the buttons and what they control. The driver information system is nice, but unfortunately it shows that the truck doesn't anywhere near the 20 hiway MPG that Chevy and Howie Long brag about!!! Averaging about 15 miles per gallon with 90% hiway driving and feathering the gas pedal.

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything, design of the 18" wheels is sharp and really dresses up the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to stop lying and be upfront about the real mileage you can expect.