2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I am never buying a chevy again
By dyma82 on 03/21/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a Tundra before, so I got used to the Japanese fine finish. This truck interior is falling apart and it only has 5,000 miles. The 4x4 electronic switch is very unreliable. More often than not it doesn’t disengage the 4x4 even though it shows 2x2. Fuel efficiency is the worse. Visibility is horrible. Big hood for no reason at all, just to look tough. Engine lifters make a horrible sound 3 out of 5 times when starting the truck in the morning.

Very pleased
By VA on 12/20/07 06:39 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far I'm very pleased. GM definitely made strides with this truck. In particular the interior comfort and build quality is far better than in previous years. Gas mileage isn't good, but hey, it's a truck!

Winner
By TB on 12/03/07 18:37 PM (PST)

I absolutely love my new Silverado as do my wife and kids. It was finally time to move on from my Ford Bronco and I was looking for a pick up. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the big trucks out on the market today (Tundra, F150, Titan, Ram). I have the FTZ version (black on black) and the interior is outstanding with quality materials. My wife has an Acura and the interior is just as nice. It also drives real smooth with good power from the 5.3L V- 8(315hp). The seats are comfortable with plenty of room front and back. I've only had my Silverado for 3 months but I enjoy driving everytime I set foot in the truck.

Love it!
By Matt on 11/19/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Silverado. What a great truck! It feels so crisp. The interior feels so spacious and solid. Very quiet ride, and fairly comfortable considering the 20" wheels. It could use some integrated blind spot mirrors, though. The power is good. Not as much as my old Titan that was a rocket out of the hole. But it's stong and smooth. No squeaks. The dash looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The truck has so many features and creature comforts. Ample storage for the front. Could be better compartmentized for rear passangers.

Great Truck
By Great Truck on 11/12/07 18:16 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 5,300 miles on my truck and so far it's been great. I am getting 18 mpg mixed driving and 18 mpg on the interstate at 70 mph. The fit and finish is excellent, The interior has a luxury car like ride that is both smooth and quiet and the bose sound system is awesome. I think they could improve mileage if they keep the motor in 4v mode which I read GM is working on this. The 5.3 has plenty of power and a nice exhaust note under heavy throttle. In cold weather, remote start not only turns your heat on it turns your heated seat on, nice touch. GM has done a nice job on this truck.

Still pinching myself. Love it!
By Brent on 11/07/07 16:49 PM (PST)

Loved my F150, it drove, rode and handled wonderfully (Reg cab, 4.6 V8) and got 15.2 avg mpg. Needed something bigger, and found the Chevrolet head and shoulders above my Ford. I was pleasantly surprised. The ride, fit and ergonomics of my Silverado are just as close to perfect as I can imagine.

LTZ Silverado
By Rick Swearingen on 10/21/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

This is Motor Trends truck of the year for a reason. From its luxury suv interior and ride, solid build quality, smooth powerful engine, and rugid good looks GM has built one nice truck.

Not much bad to say
By Bryant on 10/17/07 00:38 AM (PDT)

The gas mileage is definitely the worst out of all of my previously owned vehicles, but it is nowhere near the best. Love the ride height, had to take off the air dam to finish the look. Truck way too quiet for my tastes too. That was easily and fairly cheaply fixed. Love the ride quality, radio is adequate, and the 4WD has ample torque. AC is freezing! Thats always good.

2007 Silverado Crew Cab Review
By silverado22 on 10/13/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

This is the first GM vehicle that I have owned where I have not had to bring it back to the dealer to get anything fixed. I have over 12K miles in less than 6 months of driving, averaging 18 mpg. The air conditioning is powerful and cold. My only complaint is there is too much badging of the vehicle. After removing all of the silly 4x4 stickers, huge Chevy Bowtie, Silverado and GM badging, I can now appreciate the quality of the paint on my truck.

Lemon
By bubba on 10/10/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my 2007 silverado for about 1 month now and have had nothing but problems the a/c has went out on it the tire pressure monitoring system has had to be fixed already and the is some type of popping noise in the rearend when you start up a hill and the truck switches in to second gear. This truck is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned and will never own another.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.