2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Almost Perfect
By Almost Perfect on 02/10/09 11:34 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The best Silverado yet. However, the rear bumper absolutely stinks! I backed into a snow bank. $2,000 damage. Also, when it is below zero the switch to change from 4WD to 2WD doesn't work and vice versa. When cold out I cannot get enough heat while on the road.

Great truck, a joke for gas mileage!
By Butch on 01/21/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed owning this truck for a 1 1/2 now. Truck rides very smooth, very comfortable on the highway. White, Z71 Ext Cab Std Box, 5.3. Pulls my 5,000 lb travel trailer no sweat. Only problem I've had with the truck was the battery went out in Oct of 07. Absoloutely love this truck, however two very annoying things. 1 the seats collect a ton of lint! 2nd, the truck sits way to low in the front! Why did GM have to design these trucks with the nose dive. With my 5,000 lb trailer on the back just levels the truck out. You look at the 2wd and the 4wd Silverado's and you can't even see a difference. GM should design these trucks to sit up a bit higher in front. Otherwise very satisfied!

Very nice truck
By pwa on 01/05/09 11:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I drive a lot and now have 65,000 mi on vehicle. This is a great truck that I would recommend to anyone. I really feel safe and love the auto 4wd option. I see a lot of snow and ice and this truck is the most sure-footed vehicle I have ever owned. My only complaint is hard elbow rests.

First Full Size Pick-Up
By Noru on 11/30/08 18:04 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

07' LT1 Crew Cab now with 12.5K on it. This is my first full size truck, my trade in was a 06' GMC Canyon Crew Cab, the Canyon was a good truck but it never had enough room inside for me and the family it just got small on us as time went by. The Silverado is big enough with a very nice smooth stable ride. The gas mileage in town is 15 mpg, & 20 mpg on the highway at 70mph. I have the 4.8 engine and I'm very pleased with the power and smoothest, the 4-spd auto is sweet also buy it did take about 8K to break in, at first the down shift from second to first gear was harsh at times buy got better as more miles where added. Its has been very reliable with no issue at all.

Hmmm, Wonder About These Reviews
By hillbilly on 10/03/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Miss my 94 Silverado. MPG 14-16, not 20. I drive 180 miles RT for work and that includes 5 miles gravel roads and frequent 4WD. Truck is comfortable and looks good. Cargo management system and kept losing the plastic corners. Finally gave up and removed the front part of it. Stereo speakers crackle and pop and sound like crap already. The big Chevy "Bowtie" has water in it, expect it to fall off soon. Problems with the tire pressure monitor system twice. 4WD switch doesn't work all the time and now 4WD is "Out." Been at the dealers for the last 9 days and counting. Last GM product!

Silverado Crew Cab LTZ 4x4
By Andrew on 08/29/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has been good to me. Only problems have been a battery replacement which was a GM recall and my tonneau cover created some paint problems on the bed rails. I recommend buying some plastic bed rails or taking the cover off regularly to make sure water is not getting trapped. Over very satisfied with the truck.

Maxed Out
By Alec on 08/09/08 01:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the LTZ Crew Cab Vortec Max with all options including Navigation, and all other associated goodies. Wife and I purchased it new in Nov of 07, and I can't throw enough accolades out there for this newly re-designed truck. It looks as good as it feels. Mine is black with custom chrome 18" rims. I love the gadgets, performance, and the look. Backup sensors, DIC, tilt mirrors when reversing, and the choices I can have to customize settings within the DIC.

I'm lovin' it!
By dfdfirefighter412 on 07/07/08 02:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a new Silverado in 2006 and my salesman suggested I wait for the newly redesigned model. I couldn't be happier that I waited. The redesign is great all the way around. Interior is much more comfortable, exterior is a lot more eye catching and the trucks capabilities are more than ever. Ultimatly, the wait was worth my while and I would recommend anyone checking out the Silverado before looking at other options.

LT3 Chevy Silverado (Shortbed)
By Y on 07/01/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got our pickup right off the lot with 12k and it has been awesome. The only problem that we have had is it would not unlock or start and the problem was that the battery cable had came loose and became unplugged. Other than that it has been fun to have it has leather and plenty of legroom on the interior. The heated winsheild wiper fluid really works when its is frozen. The backup sensors are awesome too, it is easier to backup closer to things. Another feature is the advance track works really well when you are in gravel. We have had other Chevy pickups but and this is the best. But if you like paying $90 every other day with 14 miles to the gallon then this is the truck for you.

9000 miles
By NFRich on 06/29/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

Got rid of it! It got the worst gas mileage of any of the Silverado's I have owned. Never got anything more than 15, even on the highway. It was a 4x4 Z71 and rode terrible. Did like the way it handled though. So happy to see it go!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.