Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love it
By GMan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had no problems and if history repeats, as with all other GM products I have owned, I will not have any issues. I get better than average combined fuel economy, last tank was 20.5 mpg and the lowest was 17.5, on highway trip I have gotten 24.3 before. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and now, my daughter now claims it as hers.

Favorite Features

I love the fuel economy, ONStar, XM, driver information center, remote start, the extra storage compartments, seat comfort and leg room, steering wheel controls, engine power, smooth ride....

The best car will win
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I remember why my last Chevy was in 1994 I didn't keep it very long. Traded it for a Nissan. Has not been back to the dealer, but I should have taken it though. The seat foam is showing on both sides sticking out the bottom. We only have about 23,000 miles on it and the tires will not even pass my next state inspection, and no!! it's not my driving, I`m 58yrs old and do not drive like a teenager. The chrome on the rear bumpers is already rusting. There is a strange thumping or bumping sound when you take off or shifting gears. And I don`t like not having the option of buying the On-Star, which I pulled the fuse on because as soon as I turned it on, they began to try to sell me more.

Favorite Features

Price

Suggested Improvements

Pay more attention to Quality. Make On-Star an option.

I'm Keeping Mine
By bret

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a deal on mine because it was the last 2007 on the lot. It is fully loaded and it's really a luxury truck. The LTZ model has a great interior. I have to park outside and let me tell you having remote start with heated seats is da bomb during winter. I won't own another vehicle that doesn't have it. I got the standard bed size and have moved twice with it. Very roomy even though I put a half-height truck box in the front. The Bose stero is kickin', and I had an aftermarket iPod adapter wired in that is a must have for audiophiles. The truck rides great, you sit really high up, and most important of all, you feel real safe out there on a street full of idiots.

Favorite Features

The truck looks tough. I like the heated seats, the power available when you need it, and the sunroof which is great. The stereo on the LTZ model rocks and the heated leather seats are awesome in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

Changing the tire stinks. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Better hope you have a friend along or AAA, ladies. Also, sometimes when I mash down on the accelerator I'm not rewarded enough with power I'm expected to have with a giant V8 truck.

review for edmunds
By john

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

12000 miles drive everyday to work have had wheels rotated and 2 oil changes so far no problems. have leather opted for remote start should have gotten the heated seats. wife don't drive it because she says its to long, I'm use to it by now. has been a great truck so far no problems.

Favorite Features

radio controls on the wheel,smooth ride, looks great at night under the lights

Suggested Improvements

would rather have a 2 door with all the options of this extended cab they are really hard to find. also a 6 speed trans. better gas milg.

Overall - Great Truck
By Chuck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought it new planning to occasionally tow our travel trailer. We have the 6.0L engine, 4WD Z71 package, locking diff, towing pkg. We have gotten up to 21 mpg on the high plains and some mountains at posted speed limits. We have the 3.73 rear axle, but should have gotten the 4.10 for towing our 5800# trailer, especially in the mountains. Only disappointment is the mpg towing; usually 8 to 9.5 mpg. The 6-speed tranny would have helped in the mountains but wasn't available in '07.

Favorite Features

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat and the only thing I'd change is glint to 4.10 gears. Locking diff is great for offroad handling.

Suggested Improvements

Making the 6-speed tranny available for towing, a little stiffer rear suspension for handling with a large trailer.