Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

New top end at 56K ?????
By Bob

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Silverado. Last one (2001) went 143K with zero dealer visits. Bought used 07 crew this time at 48k miles. Much improved truck. More power for my 6500lb boat. Stays in top gear more. Very smooth ride. Much better handling. 17.8 mpg on my 07, 14.9 on my 01 model. Problem, at 56K, the lifters were replaced today under warranty. Starting to get concerned.

tow haul, center console,

Head rest is too wide and you cannot see behind you while backing up. Seats show lint.

Unreliable Silverado
By BeaverFood

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 5 battery failures. The dealer and apparently GM cannot locate the cause. Had to have it towed once. Also, cannot get enough heat in the cabin when driving in cold weather. The dealer looked at this issue twice and found no problem. No more General Motors vehicles for me! Two days ago, I traded this unreliable truck for a 2010 Tundra.

Put a heater in it. Put a real bumper on the rear end. I backed into a snowbank and did $1,800 in damage.

Great truck
By Steve

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I had an 2004 F-150 previously and have always been a "Ford" guy. The Chevy rides better, has more power, and gets better gas mileage. I have averaged 17.2 mpg (the computer keeps track for you). If you go down the road at 65 mph you will get 22 mpg with this rig. The only issue I have had with it is the check engine light will come on if the temperature gets down to -15 or worse and there isn't enough fuel in the tank. Problem is solved by filling the tank. The dealer is also willing to fix it but I haven't got around to taking it there since it isn't really a big deal.

Auto-dimming side mirrors, automatic lights, rain-sensor wipers, auto-start. All these features allow me to focus on DRIVING the truck!

I could not get the sunroof because I am tall and it cuts the headroom down by a good 3-4 inches.

1500 crew cab max lt 4x4
By Duane Cartmell

love truck. have 50,000 and only problem is rough idle. had at dealer 2 times but no luck. seat really stink but when I checked out 2009, they are the same. gas was a joke. I am very lite footed and get 15 highway. tried towing a car with tow mode and though my trans was going to blow from high rpm so i turned it off and was fine. great parts are power, power. also bottom of tailgate is already starting to rust. I really would buy another one, but with leather seats,

power. and more power. button for 4x4 on and off

seats stinks. wind noise.

they just keep getting better!
By dc

After owning several GM products the latest generation is nothing short of amazing! I went from a 97 GMC pickup, to a 2003 Tahoe, and am now driving a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab Max package. I highly recommend them. I have pulled boats from 30ft down, fully loaded dump trailers and the like with the truck with only the addition of a set of rear airbags and a trailer brake controller. This is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever had to work/play with on the weekend and commute with during the week. I was extremely skeptical of the estimated 19 MPG highway, after owning the rig for over 2 years and 65,000 miles I dont find it far off I usually have a combined fuel average of 15.5+ at fill up!

XM, Easy to keep clean interior, The Bose audio system is GREAT, 6.0 liter motor and 4:10 rear end is a perfect combo for getting down the road loaded or empty. Remote Start for those cold/hot days! The look of the truck is great and the amount of in dash and in seat storage is more than adequite.

I really wish GM would introduce a fold flat back seat!

• SUV